PDA

View Full Version : could any of you guys

nyle
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
help me install my replacement engine when i get it?

i've never done anything like that.

mapquest coatesville, pa. i'll provide beer and couches/air mattresses to sleep on if needed :)

nyle
09-12-2008, 01:57 AM
bump

Mr.Squeelerz
09-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Do you provide airfare too?:smile:

spidertri
09-12-2008, 02:58 AM
when are you getting it?

BobbyDigital
09-12-2008, 03:33 AM
Dude, I'm down to help, but when I do mine, I'm having a BMW mechanic help...

nyle
09-12-2008, 05:12 AM
i think i'm going to order it tomorrow. my gf's dad said he'd give me a hand taking out the old one and dropping the new one in. but aside from that. i'm going to be doing a lot of work over the next couple months.

big stuff includes new clutch, short shift while i'm in there, and i wanna do a suspension overhaul. i wanna cover all my bases so nothing major breaks in the next year lol.

nyle
09-12-2008, 05:29 PM
ordered. 7-10 days. :)

is there anything that you guys think i should replace with it? its just another m44.

spidertri
09-12-2008, 05:57 PM
If the engine needs it, I would do a cooling system overhaul while it's out of the car. Where did you get it from?

M-technik-3
09-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Have you asked on the BFc mid atlantic section? That would take roughly two days? Have you bought new exhaust hardware? and things that need replacing?

Clutch being replaced? alignment tool? Do brake fluid at same time as you are gonna be there flush it one over looked major thing and honestly doesn't take much time. Spray the nuts that are rust with PB blaster day or to prior to allow set time so it will be easy to pull apart.

Just suggestions I don't know your experience level at this

nyle
09-13-2008, 12:08 AM
i've just done most of the cooling overhaul, which is what led me to the realization that i have a blown HG :(. i should get intake gaskets, and the one plastic connector under the intake manifold. i did the one in the back already. new radiator, thermostat is on the way, i'll order a water pump when i order the rest of the materials.

i plan on doing the clutch, i wasn't quite planning on doing it yet but is it easier without the motor in? flushing brake fluid is easy enough, i have plenty in the garage. good call on the exhaust hardware.

is there an engine removal DIY somewhere that would help me find the nuts to soak? i've never done any of that.

nyle
10-02-2008, 06:33 AM
sort of short notice....

but i'm starting to run low on time (gotta move soon) and i wanna do this hopefully this weekend. I don't think my girlfriend's dad is going to be available. is anyone available for help? again. if you need to spend the night... totally fine. beer is on me :)

spidertri
10-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Sorry man, I already have plans for the weekend, otherwise I would help out.

Where are you moving to?

nyle
10-04-2008, 01:40 AM
i'm moving a little closer to philadelphia.

nyle
10-04-2008, 08:21 PM
ok so. i've taken about as much out of my engine that i feel comfortable with. without help. if ANYONE has done this before, i am willing to pay for assistance. <3

i can make myself available whenever you are over the next week or so.