PDA

View Full Version : Hello?

tgroth
08-21-2001, 10:54 PM
Hello, is anyone there? Are the forums officially dead? Have everybody simply stopped using the forums in favor of the mailing list?

1996 328ti
08-22-2001, 01:45 AM
Perhaps. It has been quite.

Ralliart
08-22-2001, 04:10 PM
I was about to ask the same thing. I have been checkin around here usually once a day but mostly been hangin out at the dtmpower.net forums. What is the mailing list?

1996 328ti
08-23-2001, 12:21 AM
I don't have the exact url, but http://www.318ti.net will redirect you there.

[This message has been edited by Steven Schlossman (edited 08-22-2001).]

Dan Burger
08-23-2001, 03:53 PM
Yeah, it's a shame that there aren't more posts here...this is one of the only few places where ti's (well, 318s in general) aren't trashed as being the runt of the BMW family. My counter says that there are 94 people registered with this board, yet it seems that only 7 or so people ever have a question or something to say. I wonder why this is. Is it that people just don't understand their car or do they understand it completely and don't want to be bothered with it? I'm going to continue to check this board and post without hesitation and hope that others do the same.

Cheers,

------------------
Dan B.
'95 Club Sport

DougZ
08-23-2001, 07:37 PM
I check the board everyday. I think that what might be going on is the following: Like myself, people are checking the board, but if nothing is new( yellow light), and they have nothing to post, they just move on.
I also go to the unofficial BMW board, and do a lot of posting there. I have gotten a lot of useful information from both sites. I am obviously more interested in this board since it is for 318ti's, but the other boards are cool to. Speaking of things just for 318 ti's, does anyone have a manual that covers our cars. I do have the Bentley E36, but it only covers for applicable items, engine, ecu, etc. I am wondering what do about the rear suspension. It is from the E30...so if I do any work on it, I have no manual to guide me. Back to the thread, I am still here too.

[This message has been edited by DougZ (edited 08-25-2001).]

1996 328ti
08-24-2001, 02:49 AM
I'm fairly active on the ti mailing list.
Last count it has 568 subscribers.
There are only a few dozen people that make regular posts. Such is the nature of mailing lists and message boards.

...steven