PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need a K&N filter????

Will'sBimmer
09-24-2008, 10:07 PM
I was wondering if I needed to buy a K&N filter to go with my CAI. Right now the filter that is on there came from Bavarian Autosports. My friend was telling me I needed to get a K&N filter to get the most out of the CAI. So my question is do I really need it? And also where can I buy just the filter??? I can't find them anywhere on the internet. :confused:

Thanks for the help.

sokat1989
09-24-2008, 10:30 PM
just replacing the cone filter with another brand of cone filter will do almost nothing performance wise. I guess you could argue that in the long run a better air filter will prolong the life of your engine, but I wouldn't worry about it. Others on this forum may think other wise by that's just my opinion.

Maverix
09-24-2008, 11:54 PM
My friend was telling me I needed to get a K&N filter to get the most out of the CAI.

I'd have to say your friend is full of crap.

tiFreak
09-25-2008, 12:58 AM
the Bavauto CAI comes with a K&N filter :tongue:

Upgrade to our Power Flow kit and give your BMW a horsepower boost!

When the folks at BMW engineer a car, they cannot focus exclusively on performance. They must take several other factors into consideration, including noise levels and serviceability, and often end up compromising on power output. The air intake system is no exception. In order to keep the engine quiet enough to satisfy the average customer BMW encases the air filter in a plastic housing. This housing restricts the amount of air that can flow through the filter, resulting in a quieter intake but a frustrated engine It's like an Olympic runner being forced to breath through a straw. Let your BMW Breath! Replacing the stock air filter assembly with our Power Flow kit allows more air to enter your BMW's engine so it can breathe as deeply as it wants. The Power Flow kit consists of a cone-shaped K&N filter, the filter mount, a bracket and all necessary hardware.

Will'sBimmer
09-25-2008, 01:04 AM
the Bavauto CAI comes with a K&N filter :tongue:

Lol. :tongue: I never did read that description since I bought mine off a user on this forum. Well never mind then. Thanks for the info you guys.