PDA

View Full Version : Hello guys

Marruenda
09-26-2008, 01:18 AM
hello everyone my name is manuel. my dad drives a 97 318ti. its his pride and joy. I crashed his old car yes :frown: i know. and he boguht himself a 318ti with the money i paid him back.

I caused him alot of pain and suffering but im trying to make up for it ha. btw im 18

just came here to see what i could find to help him out. and find some parts that came damaged when he bought the car

im going to go look the other forum section to look for a drivers side door panel that came broken when he bought the car.

bye all

tiFreak
09-26-2008, 01:27 AM
welcome, it's funny, recently had one of our members cars get crashed while his father was driving (ok, not exactly "ha ha" funny)

other than the drivers side door panel, what else was damaged? you could just post a thread in the WTB section listing everything you need

Marruenda
09-26-2008, 01:39 AM
thats about it man well to be honest idk its the drivers side panel but something isnt right cause when he puts the windows up and down it scratches the glass and the automatic side view mirror mechanism doesnt work and it all has to do with everything that goes to in the drivers side door. so basically i need everything in the drivers side door minus the metal door haha

but thanks man ill post in the wtb section

tiFreak
09-26-2008, 01:43 AM
that would be the window regulator, common problem on BMWs, search the knowledge base for permanent window fix DIY or something like that, gives a pretty detailed walk through on how to fix it

BMW_Hatchback
09-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi, and welcome. If you don't feel like buying a whole panel, you can visit your local junk yard and take the clips off another one and glue them on to your door panel. Good way to save money

Marruenda
09-26-2008, 02:28 AM
oh trust me me and my dad did that this whole weekend. but we couldnt find any modern day 90-s thruough now BMW's on the junkyards lol but yea. and no its not just the window regulator but the side panel doesnt fit right so its that whole thing. haha

tiFreak
09-26-2008, 02:58 AM
oh trust me me and my dad did that this whole weekend. but we couldnt find any modern day 90-s thruough now BMW's on the junkyards lol but yea. and no its not just the window regulator but the side panel doesnt fit right so its that whole thing. haha

you would need one from another 318ti, coupe and sedan door panels don't fit

BMW_Hatchback
09-26-2008, 03:39 AM
most likely the previously owner didn't glue the clips in the right places to match the holes in the door. As long as the clips aren't broken, I say give it a shot./