PDA

View Full Version : 96' m-tech ti New to site

rustyrox
09-28-2008, 03:45 AM
I see alot of newbies introducing themselves so I figured I would do the same. I just found 318ti.org a few days ago and I can't believe that I have owned a ti for all this time and never heard about this site (I finally found a home). I have had my '96 M-tech ti since '99, I am the second owner. It currently has about 125,xxx on it right now. I have kept it completely stock all these years for two basic reasons...

1) I don't want to screw it up. I know that some of you know what I mean (thanks to the "Rate the most tastefully modded ti" thread) if you do too much, or even just one or two Distasteful mods, then there is usually no going back. In my opinion there is not much you can do to improve the look of an M-tech ti anyway, other than maybe some rims (I like M contours).

2) As far as the internals, I have been really quite satisfied with the performance and fuel efficiency of the stock motor. Shortly after I got the car I had the thought to do an M3 swap, but I have never performed a project of that size and I didn't want to break it. So here I am almost 10 years (geez that makes me feel old) after making the purchase, and I still have the stock power. It has always been fine with me, but.....

Now one of my best buddies (finally listening to reason) sold his integra, his TL, and took out a loan and bought a 2000 M5 with 50k on it... I took it for a spin. Damn M-power!! Now I have to either get an M myself or power up the ti. I have always really liked the e36 M but it was a bit out of my price range as a 19 year old back in 99.

What do you guys think I should do? Keep the ti stock and get an M3 too? Or just add some power to the ti (M swap, supercharger,ect.), and if so, what do you think would be the best way to go?

-Thanks for reading

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/skidazzle/0524081058.jpg
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/skidazzle/0524081057.jpg
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/skidazzle/0524081059.jpg

ps. Pics are not the best I know, leaves and tree "things" always falling on it (althought they go away with just a quick push on the gas pedal Will post some more flattering pics soon.

cooljess76
09-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Hey rusty, welcome to the site. I always try to invite people or atleast let them know about 318ti.org. Just yesterday I spotted a modded avus blue ti pulling into Jack in the Box. I followed him in and parked next to him. After about 10 minutes of talking to him about his car and trying to explain to him that this site existed, I gave up hope. He didn't speak English.

Nice car, I vote for the S52 swap!

Mr.Squeelerz
09-28-2008, 07:50 AM
I say you sell the Ti to me so I can have a white M-tech, then I'll do the swap:) I'm a huge fan of white.

M-technik-3
09-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Nice car, glad you have enjoyed it for so long. You might not know but DASC is NLA now. So this leaves you custom supercharger route or multitude of Engine swap avenues.

M52 with a turbo will make great hp but will tend also to break more often, S52 will give reasonable fuel effenciey and decent hp.

bmwpelican
09-28-2008, 02:44 PM
if you have the money buy and m3 and keep both. like you i lock stock. so now you can have a little fun car and car with alot of power.

jiggerjosh
09-29-2008, 06:01 AM
if you have the money buy and m3 and keep both. like you i lock stock. so now you can have a little fun car and car with alot of power.

Thats what i did, well actually my ti is modded and has an engine swap! Do both... Both these cars have their advantages.