PDA

View Full Version : more power?

fkwhetse
11-28-2001, 01:37 AM
The 318ti's are sick cars, no doubt there...but arent they a bit underpowered? I mean, a 1.8 and only what, 138 hp? And I've tried to find numbers, and I think the 0-60 time is somewhere around 10 seconds? Maybe I am wrong, but still, how could I get some more horsepower out of it? Ive heard of some engine swaps, maybe with a supra 3.0, or a E36 M3 engine. Any info on this? How else can I get this car down to 0-60 in 6 secs, with a 1/4 mile around 4?

fkwhetse
11-28-2001, 01:43 AM
sorry I meant 1/4 mile in 14's...and how much would any of this cost me?

Justen
11-28-2001, 03:42 AM
Heres a link to my engine swap.
http://www.geocities.com/bmwracefan/Justens332ti.htm

------------------
If you drive fast, how can people see your wheels?

fkwhetse
11-28-2001, 05:01 AM
thanks...so whered you get the m power (and is it a 3.2?) is it an E36? and for how much? was the swap pretty easy, like, did you have to get a whole new trans? and what kinda times are you running?

Justen
12-03-2001, 04:05 AM
We got the engine as a BMW test car. They basicly took a new one, rolled it, and sold the wreck off. It worked out great for me because I got a engine with 13 miles on it.

Yeah its the 3.2 liter engine.

If I told you the price you wouldn't believe me. But I got the total hook up.

The swap it self,dropping the engine in, was very easy. The biggest problem was the computer. My 95 had nowhere near the computer the 2000 did. Wires had to be traced back 1 by 1. Besides that it was smooth sailing. I mean I'm not saying its an easy project, but it certainly isn't something that shouldn't be done more.

Transmission, brakes all are M3.

And as far as times, we are needless to say having fun.

------------------
If you drive fast, how can people see your wheels?