PDA

View Full Version : Hey

StevenTN318
12-27-2001, 05:42 AM
Hey guys, I just joined the message board, but I have a '96 318ti that I got in August of 2000. I love it! Everytime my friends and I go places I insist on driving. Is this normal? BTW, I've added a set of Q-Tek wheels and a carbon fiber momo shifter. I have a set of clear corners in the mail to. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of stuff I can do to improve looks and performance. Keep in mind I'm a broke teenager with a job at Wal-Mart! So...all you cost-efficient TIers come out! Thanks

------------------
Why look like all my friends at high school and drive a civic, when I can beat them in my TI?

danz
12-30-2001, 04:20 AM
replace the cars factory airbox with a intake assy. thats probably the cheapest way to increase the cars performance.

1996 328ti
12-30-2001, 11:12 PM
A ti is not exactly a street racing machine.

When changing to clear corners, please use amber bulbs. You can paint the tops of the bulbs with silver high temp paint so they don't show the amber bulbs through the lens.

Clear bulbs are too bright, obnoxious and illegal.

ayton
01-09-2002, 05:25 PM
first off do not put an intake system on the ti......if you are not isolating the filter from the harmful effects of heat wash from the engine compartment and radiator.And as far as I know there are not any engineered systems that do this on the market yet. www.ecisbmw.com (http://www.ecisbmw.com) is working on a system now.I spoke with one of the owners.Scott is right on the bulb issue. I had clears but have since switched to smoke indicators on hellrot it matches considerably better.

[This message has been edited by kinkajou (edited 01-09-2002).]