PDA

View Full Version : New to the community

NeoPhunk
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Hello everyone! I am a long-time 318ti owner, although I just recently stumbled across these forums and fell in LOVE. It feels like home sweet home!!!

I am a proud 6 year owner of a 1996 318Ti Sport. This was my first BMW, and as I am sure you are all aware, it wont be my last. I remember the first time I drove this car. I though to myself "ya know, its not the fastest car I've been in, or the quietest, or the most comfortable, but man... this thing is responsive! At the pedal and at the wheel!" It really made me feel connected to the road, and had a sort of "solid" feel about it that was unlike any other car I've driven. It felt like a hand-built automobile. There were no clunks, ticking sounds, odd road noises, strange engine whines, or squeaks and moans coming from the interior. It felt like it was machined from one big block of billet aluminum. I was in love.

I bought the car with 104k on it back in 2002, and today it has 205,842 on it as of this morning. It has had absolutely zero mechanical failures outside of routine maintenance. I could not have prayed for a better car and driving companion.

I wish I had pictures to post. I'll have to dust off my digital camera and snap a few, although there isnt much to see, as it is still bone stock.

Thank you to everyone who has established and made this forum community possible. It is truly an amazing find for the lucky few of us who have discovered the 318ti.

tiFreak
10-16-2008, 12:32 AM
welcome to the forum, glad you like your ti :)

Will'sBimmer
10-16-2008, 05:10 AM
Welcome to the forum and please feel free to post some pics of your car.