PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Seats

Maverix
10-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Noticed my passenger seat has wet stains (guess, cause I make girls wet :cool:). Any who, my seat is polyester. I don't want to cut any corners, so no cheapo cleaner unless it really works.

tiFreak
10-17-2008, 08:41 PM
spray a degreaser on the stain, let it sit, then scrub it with a rag, I do this all the time when I recon used cars

Mallard
10-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Noticed my passenger seat has wet stains (guess, cause I make girls wet :cool:). Any who, my seat is polyester. I don't want to cut any corners, so no cheapo cleaner unless it really works.

then buy a Kärtcher

they´re not cheapo and they realy work ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/johnono/image_16609_big.jpg

price is about 550 euros

Maverix
10-18-2008, 03:16 AM
then buy a Kärtcher

they´re not cheapo and they realy work ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/johnono/image_16609_big.jpg

price is about 550 euros

If I attach a SLR chip, will it clean faster? :tongue:

Something in the US please that I can be affordable at the nearest detailing shop :biggrin:

RidingSimple
10-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Best overall interior cleaner is, Woolite.
All of us car detailers use it a ton.

Just cut it 10:1 (water to woolite) in a spray bottle and use that to spray down seats, door panels, trim, anything. It is a great cleaner.

Then use Folex from Home Depot on any stains.
Get seat wet, scrub, wet again with plain water, then wet vac it up, and let seat sit in direct sun out of the car for a few hours to dry.

Works every time, and very well and quick.

Mallard
10-29-2008, 07:28 PM
woolite, isnt that fabric conditioner for wool or something?

aceyx
10-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Woolite is a non-detergent cleaner.

I have a thread here about using a rental steam cleaner machine (similar to the Kartcher unit) with pics but that may be a bit overkill.

Shoot it with the woolite first then go for the big guns.

dave45056
10-29-2008, 11:14 PM
My wife recently bought a SpotBot to clean stains on the carpet... it has a manual hose attachment, too which yiu can spray and wet vac up... I have been really impressed how it works on carpet, but have not tried it on cloth seats... yet.

RidingSimple
10-31-2008, 12:05 PM
woolite, isnt that fabric conditioner for wool or something?

nope, Woolte is what smart detailers use to gently and effectively clean their interior. :cool: