PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone. (New UK member)

dodge
10-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Hello everyone.
i'm new to the site so I thought i'd introduce myself. I'm from Northants in the UK and don't actualy have a ti, my car's a 98 316i Compact Sport. But apart from the engine i don't know the differance between mine and a 318ti, hopeing someone can tell me.

I found this site while googleing info on how to change my front wheel bearing and it seems like a good site to be a member of.

I've managed to resist the temptation to mod the car since I bought it a year ago but now i've seen some of the really nice looking cars on hear I think it's time to start playing.

tiFreak
10-19-2008, 06:37 PM
welcome, it's definitely time to start playing ;)

I know the 316i came with drums in the back and the 318ti has 4 discs, other that that, idk

Mallard
10-19-2008, 09:26 PM
welcome to the .Org geez ;)

Ive got a 1.6 also, and it is drummed at the back :( ¨¨´

Go and have a ook for the "VIN Decode" thread, or Pm me the last 7 digits of the chassis number, and ill tell you everything there was to tell you from factory ;)

dodge
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Got discs all round so it's not that.

The playing has already started. Just picked up a pair of M-Tech mirrors and have a set of M3 style 24 alloys on the way. M-Tech bumpers are the next thing on my list. This site is a bad influance. lol.

Mallard you have a PM with the last 7 digits of my VIN. would be most apreciated if you could tell me what it means please.

M4YTY
10-20-2008, 08:22 PM
welcome to the forum bud. Im just up in newcastle.

dodge
10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey m4yty. Your a bit more local to me than most on hear then.

Mallard you dont have a PM cos I couldnt work out how to send one so I put the end of my vin in the vin decode thread.

Mallard
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Mallard you dont have a PM cos I couldnt work out how to send one so I put the end of my vin in the vin decode thread.

Sweet mate ;) im on it