PDA

View Full Version : Floor Mat Fasteners

LilBimmer
03-07-2002, 12:07 PM
Anyone been able to find a way to keep the front floor mat fasteners from coming out?

Also, I currently use the Zymol Carbon on my '97 Jet Black Active. Anyone have experience with Zaino Brothers Z-2?

ayton
03-09-2002, 03:21 PM
If your interior is black I would suggest changing out for rubber BMW mats up front I got the set for $45 from BMPD.com No problems after that.They don't even budge worth a try and they look great.

bayleys
12-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Anyone been able to find a way to keep the front floor mat fasteners from coming out?

Also, I currently use the Zymol Carbon on my '97 Jet Black Active. Anyone have experience with Zaino Brothers Z-2?

I have this problem too - I've thought about using a space invader or something but thought a search here might reveal a better solution. Please if you have a fix for the anchors I'd love to hear it!

Cheers

bayleys
12-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Well, no one seems to be interested in this one... I used the space invader (expanding foam normally used for plugging big gaps in home DIY). It worked pretty well. I just squirted some in the hole left by the anchor. Left it to cure for a bit then cut off the surplus that had expanded out onto the carpet. Then I screwed the anchor into the dried foam. So far it has worked but we'll see how long it lasts. :)

1996 328ti
12-26-2004, 03:02 PM
I may have to try that. Currently I'm missing at least 3 anchors.