PDA

View Full Version : Gen. Maintenance part ?'s

Don19
06-04-2002, 12:44 AM
Alright i just went to my local autozone and they did not have a few parts i need and told me i will have to head to the dealer for them, which i dont want to do. The first question also is i have a 95ti but the previous owner told me to use the 96 model oil filter, because the 95 is a late model, this true? Also i am looking for the A/C compressor drive belt, Alternator waterpump drive belt, Fuel Filter and an Air filter. They could order the air filter 18 bucks for regular or 91 for K and N, but i figured i get it all from one place hopefully. Is the KN really worth 90 bucks? Well thanks for your help, just looking for B&M or online where i can get all this junk instead of getting it from the dealer. Thanks.

Don

Suddha
06-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Try www.bavauto.com (http://www.bavauto.com)

They're good and reasonably priced. Call them with questions - they will have answers.

Don't know about K&N. I have a Mann air filter in my box. I've heard too many questionable comments about the KN. Maybe others can shed some light.

Cheers.

DougZ
06-05-2002, 01:39 AM
The K&N is no where near $90.00. they were ripping you off.

Check out http://www.bavauto.com
or http://www.bmpd.com
for tune up and performance parts.

Stay away from 'thepartsbin.com'. I have had a very bad experience with them...even though they are cheap. Cheap is not alway better.

myred318i
06-05-2002, 02:47 PM
Doug,
What happened with thepartsbin.com? I've always had good service. I also like the-best-source.com. Both are cheap and good service for me. Maybe you just an unfortunate situation, it's tough dealing with online vendors when you have a problem. It's not like a store where you can actually eyeball the person you perceive to be causing your pain. Oh well, that's why we have choices in who we do business with... ain't capitalism great!!!

DougZ
06-05-2002, 07:27 PM
MyRed318; I ordered parts for doing my brakes on my 318 ti. here were the screw ups:
order all parts for 318ti, got parts for 318 sedan
order PBR pads, got sent Mintex
Ordered zimmerman rotors, got sent Balo
Ordered two oil filters, got one
paid for two day shipping, got parts after four days

They were able to charge my credit card in one day, but for some reason, it is taking them three going on four weeks for my credit.

I have read a lot of people saying that they are good to deal with, butI never will again.

------------------
Doug Z.
1998 Active....modded just enough to stand out!

DarkenDioxen
06-05-2002, 09:12 PM
I bought a K&N Air filter for my 95 ti Clubsport. Under 50 bucks. I ended up going from a link on the K&N web site. Biggest difference I noticed was off the line, that slight hesitation when you don't hit a high rev launch is no more, also pulling about 15-20 more miles out of a tank of gas. I have a couple of tuner friends where I work that Pointed me to the K&N. they have used them in several different cars and loved them.

------------------
Darren
'95 Club Sport

J!m
06-05-2002, 10:38 PM
I've had a K&N in my (now) winter-beater car for over 100k miles, and it has never failed me.

Periodic cleaning/re-lube (every 50K or so...) and it lasts for EVER. I noticed increased mileage in the 'beater, but not much in the way of performance.

Even if it IS $90, think of all the money you will save not buying 9+ $10.00 filters (plus shipping and/or tax) that do not flow as well...

I do not have one in the ti, because the engine is going bye-bye VERY soon, and the M3 air box is different. I WILL get a K&N or that other Italian maker's re-useable filter soon after instalation.

Bite the bullet. It's worth it.

ayton
06-27-2002, 12:35 PM
the 96 filter issue is correct...I had the same problem!You can get a K&N for under $50 also BMPD.com and places like turner offer great prices on parts.