PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Repair on bumper

wolferj-RIP
11-15-2008, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for the best plastic glue/weld? I need to make a little repair to the bumper of the ///M.

I have the whole front off my M3 this morning to refresh/repair several things. The car had someone back into it (probably an SUV), which dented the nose panel, scratched the bumper and caught the edge of the hood. Plus the bumper has thousands of rock pits and nicks (it came from Co. Go figure.) The damage was barely noticeable, but it gave me the excuse to redo the front end and make it look new...

So I have a replacement nose panel, grills, headlights, moldings, etc., and there is no real damage to the bumper, except where the molding attaches on the right side. There is a little tear that is not visible that prevents the trim from snapping into place.

I can do the repair on the back side, so it won't be visible, just don't want to do this repair again in 6 months...

Suggestions?

cooljess76
11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
If you take it to the body shop, they should squirt a little dab of DOW BetaSeal on there for you for little if any charge. It's what they use to seal windshields and glue moldings to cars. I bought a tube of it, it's pretty expensive +$25 a tube. It dries rubbery and sticks to anything forming a really tight bond.

wolferj-RIP
11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestion!

There is a body shop around the corner from my house, I will go see if they are around today...