PDA

View Full Version : 404 error

wolferj-RIP
11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Steven;

Been getting this error alot, particularly at night, (after 10pm PST) but only with this site... no problems accessing other sites... Anyone else?

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@318ti.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.318ti.org Port 80

BMW_Hatchback
11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
The classifieds section hasn't worked for me all today, but everything else does.

1996 328ti
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Steven;

Been getting this error alot, particularly at night, (after 10pm PST) but only with this site... no problems accessing other sites... Anyone else?

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@318ti.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.318ti.org (http://www.318ti.org) Port 80Considering I don't use FrontPage, I have no idea where that would come from.

The classifieds section hasn't worked for me all today, but everything else does.The for sale section? What is not working?

The site was moved to another server over the weekend.

1996 328ti
11-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Also do a refresh. That may correct some problems.

Maverix
11-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Also do a refresh. That may correct some problems.

Or even a hard refresh: Ctrl + F5

wolferj-RIP
11-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Ok, so I am not getting the 404 error or a 500 server error like yesterday, but now there is a blank space below the site banner and above the quick link bar. It's blank like the background, about 2" tall and there is this one visible symbol " --> " just above the box with the directory tree...

On the plus side, the site seems much quicker to load pages and navigate around. Hope this is due to the server migration...

And yes, I have refreshed, hard refreshed, cleared cookies, wiped page history and temp internet files. This is happening in IE7 and Chrome...

1996 328ti
11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
I changed the location of the google ads and if the ad server has no ad, it leaves it blank I guess. The --> is IE. I'll try to fix that.

Ok, so I am not getting the 404 error or a 500 server error like yesterday, but now there is a blank space below the site banner and above the quick link bar. It's blank like the background, about 2" tall and there is this one visible symbol " --> " just above the box with the directory tree...

On the plus side, the site seems much quicker to load pages and navigate around. Hope this is due to the server migration...

And yes, I have refreshed, hard refreshed, cleared cookies, wiped page history and temp internet files. This is happening in IE7 and Chrome...

M332TI
11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
it depends on what browser you guys are using. if its IE go to tools internet options then do the following

1 delete cookies
2 delete files and put a check on delete all offline content before you cliock ok
3 clear history

4 start> run> type regsvr32 softpub.dll this will refresh the dll file needed to view secure sites and blog sites

wolferj-RIP
11-21-2008, 06:36 PM
it depends on what browser you guys are using. if its IE go to tools internet options then do the following

1 delete cookies
2 delete files and put a check on delete all offline content before you cliock ok
3 clear history

4 start> run> type regsvr32 softpub.dll this will refresh the dll file needed to view secure sites and blog sites

I had already tried all those and more (except the dll refresh, that is a tool I will keep and add to my arsenal! Thanks...) before I posted the problem for Steve.

I changed the location of the google ads and if the ad server has no ad, it leaves it blank I guess. The --> is IE. I'll try to fix that.

Everything seems back to normal today, and the site is running faster and smoother!

Thanks again!

M332TI
11-21-2008, 07:28 PM
funny the problem has to be in your software because i dont have the problem. also dont forget to out the site in your list of trusted sites...

wolferj-RIP
04-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Got this message a couple of times just before 2pm pst today...

500 Internal Server Error

1996 328ti
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Got this message a couple of times just before 2pm pst today...

500 Internal Server ErrorThere are some mods to the site that will cause that. If you can remember what led up to that error, it would be helpful. I usually see a security token error around the same time.

tiFreak
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
I've been getting it a lot in the past hour too

wolferj-RIP
04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
There are some mods to the site that will cause that. If you can remember what led up to that error, it would be helpful. I usually see a security token error around the same time.

I was logging in to retreive a couple of PM's... I did a refresh, and then the page loaded, albeit very slow. Site was very slow for me for about 5 more minutes, then went back to normal... seemed more like a hiccup than an outage...

briansol
04-29-2009, 11:21 PM
@frontpage, thats just the mod_xxx installed to apache that supports frontpage extentions. I fyou don't use it, you should rebuild apache without support for it (adds overhead).

check your server logs,
/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log to see what the 500's are coming from.

tiFreak
04-30-2009, 12:09 AM
it happened to me after clicking on a couple threads from the new posts thing

1996 328ti
04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Most of the errors look like they are from FireFox.
And some people are using ancient browsers.

BMW_Hatchback
04-30-2009, 02:08 AM
usually when I click a link from my email to 318ti.org, it takes me to the page cannot be displayed, and I hit refresh, then it works fine.