PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE! from Scotland

HIW704
12-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Hi there,

New to the forum but not to BMWs. I have owned my 97 Ti for around 3 years now and to be honest didnt really give it driving attention due to my other toys. The car was mainly used as a run about by my girlfriend, however around a month ago the headgasket went ; and this got me thinking.
I am now in the process of doing a transplant with a M52 328 Sport engine along with big brake conversion, suspension a few other goodies including a Remap and LSD. I think i am going to love this car if i can get the handling right the plan is to use ZM3 rear suspension with the 328 sport front.
Bodywork wise I have a M3 bumper and sideskirts on the way and i have a sport rear bumper minus the diffuser which i may leave as i have a diff cooler which may look quite wild, trial and error. As for the wheels im still not sure I have a set of 17'' BMW split rims and a set of AC 18'' type twos but again trial and error.

cooljess76
12-01-2008, 02:18 AM
Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your progress with the swap.

tiFreak
12-01-2008, 02:47 AM
welcome, keep us updated on your swap, I'd go with the 17"s, they seem to be the most popular choice here for handling and ride comfort

minicoop900
12-01-2008, 03:26 AM
i think your missing an engine. :tongue:

welcome to the forum

jordanmc
12-01-2008, 03:41 AM
i think your missing an engine. :tongue:

welcome to the forum

nobody reads any of these, they just like looking at pics

minicoop900
12-01-2008, 03:55 AM
haha i read it, i was just joking around

shonky
12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Wow! That sounds wild! Loving the plan :)

I will be travelling to Bonnie Scotland a fair bit in my ti over the next few months ( working ) maybe I could pop over and have a nosey at your progress one day?

Welcome to the forum ( from a relative newbie! )

HIW704
12-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Wow! That sounds wild! Loving the plan :)

I will be travelling to Bonnie Scotland a fair bit in my ti over the next few months ( working ) maybe I could pop over and have a nosey at your progress one day?

Welcome to the forum ( from a relative newbie! )

Thanks for the positive words Shonky, Im going out to work on the car tommorow and im hoping to have it on the road pre Chrimbo. Keep me posted on your travel plans and il see what I can do.