PDA

View Full Version : Keyless/security system

E36TI
11-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Topic:

Enthusiast posted 11-10-2002 01:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 97 TI came with the factory security and keyless entry system. When I bought the car it didn't come with a remote. I recently purchased a new one on-line. I read the manual on how to reprogram the remote. I have done this procedure numerous times:
1. open the trunk
2. open the drivers door
3. sit in the seat, close the door
4. put the key in the ignition, and turn it for the 0 position to the 2 position 5 times.

-The l.e.d. on the dash should be on at this point, but it is not. The manual said that I was also supposed to hear a cirp from the alarm, but I didn't.

I have checked all the fuses and all of them are ok. I double checked to make sure I got the right remote, and it is the correct one. I would really love to be able to use my security system. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

E36TI
11-18-2002, 11:42 PM
Anyone?

ayton
11-20-2002, 03:05 PM
in my manual it says to plug the chip into the brain..there is a spot for it and the actual brain module that will code it for you...I forget the exact procedure but I did read that just last week.I found it quite surprising