PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference ... Need Help

318mti
12-11-2002, 07:27 PM
I just purchased a 99 318ti with the sport package. I used to have a 98 with the sport package and the cars seem identical. I need to know what if any differences there are because everythime I look for performance parts they always say from 96 to 98 model years but do not have an option for the 99.

Thanks

J!m
12-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Mine is a '98, and the '99 was the last of the US ti's, mainly due to slow sales.

I don't think any aftermarket dealer wants to "commit" to saying parts for a '98 will fit, but as you have noted, the cars are identical.

For the rest of the BMW world, '99 was the big change year, and most other '99 models are different than the '98 models.

As a "veteran" ti owner, you should be aware of the trial-and-error involved with building up a ti. It has quite a few unique parts, and due to the slow sales, not a lot of aftermarket support. Basically, you have to order stuff, and hope it works, regardless of the year of your ti.

This, among other reasons, is why I decided to convert mine to a six. Now, it's a '98 M3 sedan in front, and a '98 M Coupe` in back. I can get most parts, but I still have to fabricate some stuff...

Best of luck to you, and congradulations on a nice car!

------------------
"Speed's just a question of money. How fast you 'wanna go?"