PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Welcome

PossumHopper
02-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Hi, Just like to say great little site first off. Hope you get it all back up to speed soon. Now for the free advice(yeah I know Im asking for it.) I am considering buying a 1995 red 318ti. Its a 5 spd, grey cloth interior, sunroof, cd changer, alloy wheels, 70k miles, and its very clean -- 8k. I guess I was wondering if this id a reasonable price. They have some maint. records, but I am unsure about this insp. II you guys talk about. What does this involve. This will be my first bmw. Thanks in advance!

PossumHopper
02-06-2003, 02:11 AM
And also to add I have no idea what apperance package it has-ie sport etc. Any way to tell? Thanks again!

1996 328ti
02-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Inspection II is generally tranny, diff and oil change. Plugs, air, microfilter, oil and gas filters.

I'd recommend an Inspection II on any car just purchased if you don't know the history. Cost can vary up to $700.00. A lot less if you do the work yourself.

Personally I only like the Sport models. Ina 95 it's hard to tell if it's a Sport unless it's a Club Sport, denoted by M-technic trim and M3 mirrors.

The price sounds about right. That's pretty low mileage for a 95.

J!m
02-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Don't forget to have the brake fluis flushed out. If the mileage is that low, chances are the brake fluid has never been changed.

It will still absorb water even if not used (perhaps more so).

Also rear diff fluid when the 'tramny is done. I do them both at 25K intervals.

Cheap insurance...