PDA

View Full Version : new tire 4 my 5spokes on my 98ti

1smile
08-28-2002, 08:51 PM
I have a 1998 ti, with the standard 5spoke rims and Good Year 205/60R15 tires on them. Does this mean that the rims are 15inch rims? I need to get a new set of tires for my car, and would like to get a better ride out of my car. I've seen other TI's on the rode, and it looks like they have larger circumference tires on them. Does anyone know what size of tires I can put on these rims. I'm sure I will reduce handling on the car with larger tires, but I'm just looking for a smoother , more confortable ride.

I went to TireRack and there were no explanations as to different tire sizes.

ayton
08-28-2002, 11:34 PM
yes that means your rims are 15's. if you are addressing a larger circumference that means you will be looking for LARGER RIMS and TIRES! be sure that is whatyou want to do if you are looking for marginal improvement I will recommend getting a wider tire for the stock rim I would say get a 215/60/15. this will give you more contact patch to the ground.

[This message has been edited by kinkajou (edited 08-28-2002).]

J!m
08-30-2002, 09:54 PM
If you want a "smoother" ride, then a tire with a taller side wall would be the correct choice. A larger rim and shorter side wall will handle better (the typicall upgrade) but the ride will be rougher.

Perhaps the Bad-Years you have now are a bit stiff in the side wall? Another brand in the same size may ride very differently....

Tire Rack should have a whole list of replacement tires for you. If you go through the entire question bit, you should get a good tire for your needs.