PDA

View Full Version : 98 sunroof question *one touch*

1smile
06-06-2002, 04:58 PM
The sunroof has a one touch feature to open, but there is no one touch close. i feel the second click on the button, but it does not do it. Is it supposed to do it?

DougZ
06-06-2002, 08:10 PM
1smile: The one touch close feature is not supposed to work, I think it is a safety related issue. I know, I know...so why the windows then?

Who knows....BMW logic.

Suddha
06-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Yeah, that second click you feel on the front part of the sunroof button is to pop up the rear of the roof when the sunroof is closed.

zboot
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
window vs sunroof

fingers chopped off vs customer convenience

heads chopped off vs customer convenienece

cooljess76
12-13-2007, 09:35 PM
The sunroof switch is the same part as the window switches. There's a special relay required to run the one-touch close feature which BMW purposely left out for the sunroof. Vendors used to sell a one-touch close kit for the sunroofs, but from what I understand, they were usually faulty and didn't always work properly. The windows have a pinch circuit which stops the window if it senses resistance.

thesk8nmidget
12-13-2007, 09:39 PM
The sunroof switch is the same part as the window switches. There's a special relay required to run the one-touch close feature which BMW purposely left out for the sunroof. Vendors used to sell a one-touch close kit for the sunroofs, but from what I understand, they were usually faulty and didn't always work properly. The windows have a pinch circuit which stops the window if it senses resistance.

hmmm crazy so i thought mine was broken lol

but also the whole pinch circuit thing does not work on my red sport.

when i first got it the window was off track and i popped it on and was guiding it up the track and i accidentally pushed the button to hard and the window closed on my finger and that hurt!! a LOT

hey jess do you still have that driver side regulator?

cooljess76
12-13-2007, 10:04 PM
yeah, it's at Bobbaks house though. I'll get it from him next time I go down there, which might be next week.

thesk8nmidget
12-13-2007, 10:15 PM
cool well you have a buyer.

thanks!