PDA

View Full Version : electrodyne front spoiler w/Hella lights

gfillar
08-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Don't buy this front spoiler cover from Racing Dynamic. (type R55 V-12 w/Hella lights) The parent company that I purchased the part from is electrodyne. In order to install, the center of the stock spoiler must be cut out. The ends also must be trimmed. The piece of sh@# then must be glued onto the existing bumper. Considering the part is at least 1" thick, it will stick out farther than the existing trim. This is not a spoiler, it is a piece of plastic (eye sore) that is glued to the front of your BMW in order to decrease the value. electrodyne will charge approximately $90 for them to put the piece of plastic back on a shelf until the next victim purchases it. At which time the process starts all over again.

It's actually a pretty good scam. I can't believe anyone would want the part so they must make a killing on the restocking fees. My guess is that if the piece of plastic is ever on backorder, electrodyne is waiting for the next victim to return the part.

ayton
10-09-2002, 11:18 AM
wow...bad luck. a friend of mine had the same one on his car and it looked great to me...but I guess it's a matter of personal taste.