PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Beta

adamud
02-05-2009, 07:38 AM
If anyone out there wants to try out Windows 7, there isn't much time left. Its just a Beta version right now, but you can download it for free and try it out until Aug 09.
Your supposed to install it on a computer you don't use daily. Or you can dual boot it. If anyone has any question about it let me know. I've been running it for a while. Its nothing to special, just a fancy version of Vista. But still fun to play around with.

Maverix
02-05-2009, 07:41 AM
What are the major risks that can occure for xp users?

adamud
02-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Well none if you use VMplayer. VMplayer just takes how ever much of your harddrive you want to and makes a blank partition. Then from there it installs the OS you want it to. And when your done all you have to do is delete the OS from VMplayer and you get your memory back.
Say if you do decide to run Windows 7 on XP, if W7 were to crash, it would crash in the VMplayer and no harm would be done to XP.
I'm about to post a pic in the Desktop thread on what it looks like.

briansol
02-05-2009, 08:45 AM
yeah, do NOT install this on your computer you use every day. put it on and old one, or a virtual machine.

it's vista SP2 more or less.

the one major improvement i've noticed is right clicking a bunch of files to eidt.copy them has vastly improved in speed.

wolferj-RIP
02-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Just saw the post in the desktop thread... From what I've read, it seems more like a mash-up of xp and vista... all the upgrades of vista, but using the resources of xp... Vista sp2 or XP second edition? interesting, but I won't be installing it yet, too many potential issues and no support with my MSS... (home server)

yoda
02-05-2009, 09:30 AM
GO BUY A MAC!...

:chainsaw: windows :chainsaw:

Borg561
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I put Win7 on my laptop (dual-boot with XP) and so far I like it. Shortly after Vista went gold but before it went on sale I had put it on my laptop to show to some friends. It ran like a pig. Windows 7 is much snappier and reponsive, it's literally a night and day difference.

Justin

acevedo12
03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
from what i've read @ gamespot it's like vista but it doesn't take 4GB of ram to run basics and its great for my new computer because it will only take up about 1GB and the i'll have 3GB to play with. can someone say Crysis?!

adamud
03-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I've had a few problems with Windows 7 so far. I know it is still the Beta but if you leave it sitting by its self, every once in a while it will blue screen itself. It really is a smoother OS. I only donated 1GB of Ram out of 8GB to it and it doesn't have any issues thinking.

Criswell
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Its just a Beta version right now

EVERY version of Windows is "beta" :-D