PDA

View Full Version : Marlboro Hot Laps @ Irwindale Speedway

cooljess76
02-08-2009, 12:40 PM
I got an invitation to ride along for a drift session @ Irwindale Speedway from Feb 27th-Mar 5th. The invitation is for me and a friend and it includes an "all-you-can-eat feast" afterwards. I'm pretty sure they'll be driving Mustangs, but it should be pretty fun at the very least. I'm not really interested in going, so I'm offering my seat to anyone interested. It's free, so if anyone here wants to ride shotgun for a drift session, here's your chance. Again, the invitation states that I can bring a friend, so I'd imagine that there's two seats available. Hit me up if you're interested and I'll send you the RSVP codes.

cooljess76
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
no takers? It's free!

wolferj-RIP
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
If only I were down there, I would jump on this!

cooljess76
02-09-2009, 03:56 AM
As much as I'd love for you to come down and hang out, I gotta say that I'm really looking forward to taking a trip up to the Bay Area as soon as the 332ti is running James:wink: With your M3 and my Ti, we can have our very own little drift session:biggrin: The tickets are yours though if you and your partner happen to be in town.

FWIW, I don't know how this event will be setup. I don't think they'll have a formula D event going on. I think it's just a promotion put on by Marlboro/Phillip Morris. So aside from riding in a drift car and free food, I don't know how much fun it will actually be. The drift events are sorta cool, but not really my cup o' tea. They tend to get boring after the first couple of heats.

the governor
02-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Jess I'd love to go. I have saturday the 28th. Is the pass for the entire week or a certain day?
I'll give you a call tomorrow.

cooljess76
02-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Hey Noah, I'm not certain how many times you could use it. I'd imagine that if you're cool and they don't have a huge line of people, they'll probably let you go a couple of times, but again I'm not sure. Anyway, tickets are yours. Call me and I'll give you the codes or PM me your new addy and I'll just mail you the invite. You have until 2/26 to RSVP, so there's no rush.