PDA

View Full Version : My hanger mount broke. Need help.

Will'sBimmer
02-17-2009, 11:46 PM
The mount for my hanger broke in half. It is a piece of metal that has a rubber and bolts up to the rear bumper. It holds the left side exhaust hanger. I need help finding something similar or the same piece. I will try to get a pic up but I don't have my camera. I have already searched bavauto and pelican but no luck they just have the rubber mounts for the cat.

Will'sBimmer
02-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Or can I just use those rubber mounts??? Will they bolt up to the rear bumper?? I have a supersprint exhaust not OEM.

aceyx
02-18-2009, 02:31 AM
The part connected to your car, or the part connected to your exhaust?

Or possibly, is the intermediary rubber piece just missing?

Will'sBimmer
02-18-2009, 07:21 AM
I will try to post a pic in the morning.

budget76
02-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Will, post up a pic. I had the rubber mounts tear, both of them, when I had the car on stands during the head swap, and came down one morning to the exhaust on the floor:eek:

I know my local autozone/advance auto has a wide variety of exhaust hangers/rubber pieces. If it's the actual metal ''arm'' that came off, you could always just use some bailing wire to hold it up:wink: I have some holding mine, in case the rubber mounts fail again.

aceyx
02-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Part #8?

b.u.ti-ful
02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
They have an assortment of exhaust hanging devices at Autozone.

cooljess76
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
+1 on your local auto parts store for the rubber mounts. I seen some that looked almost identical to the ones used on the ti at Pep Boys. Now if it's the metal arm that's attached to the car or the one that's attached to the muffler, your best bet would be to take it to a muffler shop and have them zap a new one on for ya. They always have some scrap metal laying around and will know exactly what to do. Unless of course you have access to a welder and are somewhat comfortable welding on your baby. If you were only closer, I'd fix it for ya.

Will'sBimmer
02-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys!! And I wish I did live close to you cooljess so you could help me out. It is the metal piece that attaches to the car. I got my camera back today so I will be posting pics asap.

Will'sBimmer
03-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I went out to my mechanic today and he looked at my exhaust. He said the other rubber mounts were worn out as well. So I am going to go ahead and get an exhaust mounting kit and replace all the rubbers. I was wondering if I can get the kit for the Mini Cooper and use those since I read that they will work and keep the exhaust closer to the bumper. Is this true? Can I just use the mini's hangers????

budget76
03-25-2009, 03:36 AM
Will, just go to autozone/advance auto and pick up the mounts, it'll wind up being way cheaper ;) . I know they had two sizes of the one I needed, they probably have mini ones like you're looking for.