PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Stop

fourbanger
03-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Wondering if anyone out there knows how to make a clutch stop. Like, what I need to know are the dimensions of the thing (ie. where it stops the clutch). i wanna make one, so if anyone has the specs it'd be nice :)

hell, if you already have one, pics would be great :)

J!m
03-14-2003, 03:16 PM
I saw a nice homemade one on the web.

Try here:
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/all/drivetrain/all_clutch_stop_adjustment.html

Ron Stygar is the author, if they re-worked the site and this address is no longer good.

He has a '97 sport ti that he has done a pile of little mods to. Some are cool, some are not (IMO).

He made a clutch stop for about $20.00 or so, and it looks factory. He also offers a completed one for like $30.00, if you don't have access to a machine shop.

I had considered this, but I have not done it yet, and may not do it.

It can be a bit hairy on the road sometimes...

BlackM42
06-08-2003, 01:33 AM
I made my clutch stop out of hardware store parts and it ran up about $2.
(actually I made it for my e30, and it ended up in the ti.)

I can't quite remember the actual thread size off-hand, but I'll look for it.
All you need is a bolt w/nut, and a rubber stopper to go on the head of the bolt. Proceed to adjust by engaging the clutch a few times to see where the friction point is, and change length of clutch stop accordingly.

Or you could buy one from UUC and fork over the cash.

-Fraser

schussey
08-27-2004, 03:47 PM
you can just buy a clutch stop from either Rogue Engineering or UUC Motorworks for like $15. I have the rogue, greatly decreases the slack in the clutch

ClubSport
09-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Just go to home depot and get an elevator bolt about 1-1/2" long for like a dollar. That's what I have, looks factory, works perfect.