PDA

View Full Version : need some chip input

Sparco
03-25-2003, 11:24 PM
I have a 95 ti..the production date is 7/95... i was just tryin' to figure out if the chip i get i have to send it away because it has been soldered or if it just plugs in. Thanks alot

fred

fourbanger
03-26-2003, 02:19 AM
well, fred, i think we're on the same boat...

unless i learned it wrong, ti's built in '95 have the chip soldered on.. soo, you gotta send the ecu away. but, just to make sure, why don't you pull it out and look at it?

it's behind the battery embedded in the firewall. you gotta remove the black plastic cover and there's a little compartment there. i believe somebody else posted detailed instructions for how to do it.

Dan G
03-28-2003, 04:28 AM
Sparco,

If you go to a Dinan dealer in your area, they can just download the software without removing the chip. It takes less than a 1/2 hour.

andy
04-07-2003, 09:35 AM
My 4/95 'ti has the Conforti Chip, no need to send anything anywhere. I think the download deal is how it works for OBD2 cars, but I wasn't aware there was software for those.

fourbanger
04-08-2003, 06:47 AM
mine's a 5/95... i'm gonna get to the bottom of this...

i guess i'll finally take the ECU out hehe

i'll get back to you guys on that.

sildergu
04-08-2003, 03:23 PM
A '95 does not have a soldered in chip, but you do need to know your ECU model number and the build date before you order the new one. Turner's web site explains all this. They sell Conforti chips, I've got one, it's great.