PDA

View Full Version : VTEC into 318ti?

John318ti
03-20-2009, 04:48 AM
Not sure if this has been posted here before, wish I could understand Japanese!!
I would embed it, but I don't know how. Fixed. :biggrin:
I wouldn't want to do it, but nonetheless interesting.
ICsrADnWFKU

Xenocide
03-20-2009, 05:04 AM
wow, that guy can drive

BimmerBum
03-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Shortly after the S2000 came out I got the idea of putting that engine and trans into my E21... I think it would be awesome.

dguzzardo22
03-20-2009, 05:15 AM
that bmw is fart pipe approved !!!.

Jessie2741
03-20-2009, 05:57 AM
damkn! he can drive!

briansol
03-20-2009, 07:01 AM
i asked my buddy to translate it (cliffs of course). he speaks Japanese.

96cali
03-20-2009, 07:23 AM
4:20 very nice

putting the seat belt under yer boobs so as not to block the view... priceless.

John318ti
03-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Haha Roadrash thanks bro! Yeah I thought it was a pretty interesting idea, but I think I'd rather have an S52... Brian, if you get your buddy to translate some of the more interesting points, fill us in :biggrin:

thesk8nmidget
03-20-2009, 02:51 PM
except its not even a 318ti

Mad-Machine
03-20-2009, 03:44 PM
4:20 very nice

putting the seat belt under yer boobs so as not to block the view... priceless.

at 4:14 you can tell that her panties match her top.

I have seen this video before.. I do not care what the haters say, it is still a fine ride and would be a lot of fun to put through it's paces.

Will'sBimmer
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I love the guy's green gloves. He looks like he is about to wash some dishes. lol. But he can drive pretty good.

tiFreak
03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
wtf someone was on crack poor bmw what a shame ....

:no: I agree, the only way I could respect that car is if the driver had a bubble machine, oh wait, that car's awesome!!! :rockon:

I actually think it's kinda cool, too bad the hood sits all screwy

DaedHead8
03-20-2009, 06:59 PM
except its not even a 318ti

I noticed that too. It might have been a 318is though.

Mad-Machine
03-20-2009, 07:15 PM
there's nothing to hate on!! it's plain and simple v tec belongs in a honda .thats like having a s2000 with stock m3 rims lmao i still think its a shame....

if the stock m3 rims were lighter and wider than the s2000... then it would be upgrade and would not be anything to be ashamed of.

Honda makes some great engines, it is just a shame their reputation is so sullied by the fast and furious kids.

I suppose you think putting an LS1 into a BMW is sacriledge too?

thesk8nmidget
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
or a 2jz into a s2000?

people hate because of stereo type, guaranteed if you drove the car your mind would be changed

dgroebl
03-20-2009, 08:25 PM
at 4:14 you can tell that her panties match her top.

I have seen this video before.. I do not care what the haters say, it is still a fine ride and would be a lot of fun to put through it's paces.

NICE! It's just for a brief second but your right! The curtains match the drapes! Great catch!

Jean H.318TI
03-20-2009, 08:54 PM
my car sounds just like that car lol

-USCG-
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
that guy is the d.k. i have watched him on youtube before. he is also in the fast and the furious one of the old guys sitting at the fishing dock when the white guy is learning to drive

that guy can drift anything anywhere

lkwd318ti
03-20-2009, 10:34 PM
or a 2jz into a s2000?

people hate because of stereo type, guaranteed if you drove the car your mind would be changed

Agreed.
I remember seeing that video a long time ago. I think it's pretty cool.
Come on, the tach needle kept going even though the numbers ran out...who wouldn't wanna drive that!

Pennyfan
03-21-2009, 12:03 PM
This guy? green glove dish washer?? He is the DRIFT KING Tsuchiya Keiichi. He is a former Le Mans racer, all japan champion and he is the initiator of D1GP!! Man, he is the best!

jaimito79
03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
that guy is the d.k. i have watched him on youtube before. he is also in the fast and the furious one of the old guys sitting at the fishing dock when the white guy is learning to drive

that guy can drift anything anywhere

That's absolutely right. He's the one that said the kid couldn't drive or something to that extent. I forget his name, but you can find him on youtube. I saw him smoke an RX-8 in an EG6 DOHC. He's got skills. That bimmers suspension seems a bit slushy. Didn't seem very stiff. You have to respect the idea and ability to build something like that. I've seen that motor in an s14 silvia, turbo'd. People are always coming up with crazy new ideas. I think its cool, but I'd still go S50. I saw some dude on you tube with the S54 e46 M3 motor. That thing was lighting up the wheels all day long. Wish i had the skills to pull that off.

briansol
03-21-2009, 08:22 PM
can we call you runon sentence instead? :P

I'm cool with it. I don't care whats in what.
i've seen 4g63 civics.
i've seen lsX everything
i've seen b16 minis

anything can be done with the right tools, knowledge and money.

doesn't mean its the best, but it doesn't mean its garbage or 'sacrilege' either.

jaimito79
03-21-2009, 10:34 PM
can we call you runon sentence instead? :P

:confused:

Mad-Machine
03-22-2009, 03:38 AM
but I'd still go S50. I saw some dude on you tube with the S54 e46 M3 motor. That thing was lighting up the wheels all day long. Wish i had the skills to pull that off.

More to drifting and racing than being able to light up the wheels all day long. Balance is a key part. One of the key things about the original M3 was the balance BMW got out of that car by using a big bore 4 cylinder. It allowed them to keep the weight over the front wheels down to give the car razor sharp handling.

Same with the E30 318is.. it's handing is below the M3 but above the 325is.

using a high hp 4 in the e36 chassis just allows him to keep the weight down and keep the car better balanced as opposed to having that big heavy lump of a 6 cylinder hung out over the nose of the car

95TIbimmer
03-22-2009, 06:23 AM
I was thinking of putting my 2jz Bpu motor into the Ti when i put a new built one into my Supra

jaimito79
03-22-2009, 07:40 AM
More to drifting and racing than being able to light up the wheels all day long. Balance is a key part. One of the key things about the original M3 was the balance BMW got out of that car by using a big bore 4 cylinder. It allowed them to keep the weight over the front wheels down to give the car razor sharp handling. Same with the E30 318is.. it's handing is below the M3 but above the 325is. using a high hp 4 in the e36 chassis just allows him to keep the weight down and keep the car better balanced as opposed to having that big heavy lump of a 6 cylinder hung out over the nose of the car I think you missed the point of the thread, and of what I said. But as far as weight distribution is concerned, I agree that a bigger engine will change the dynamics of the cars weight. There are ways to get around and minipulate that with levels of height and corner balancing. Lots of people put the battery in the rear compartment. The thing about ti's is that the minute you lower the car with some springs or coils, the front become lower than the back. That will totally mess with the weight distribution when your in motion. As I'm sure you know, the sport springs for a ti's rear suspension don't really lower, but just become stiffer. Oh yeah and they have no a$$, so that doesn't help either. Cooljess had some race springs in the rear of his Ti from a Z3, and it lowered the rear considerabley. His car handled perty nice. But we should talk about this in a different thread. Props to those who dare crazy engine swaps...

BMW_Hatchback
03-22-2009, 03:54 PM
The thing about ti's is that the minute you lower the car with some springs or coils, the front become lower than the back.

:confused: Hasn't been true for my ti, or any E36 at my house

but yeah back topic,

I think any motor is an upgrade to what that 318is had. It said F20C right? I saw some other vids of it years ago, and I still agree, I would rock that car all day long. I just wish the hood was plush, and the exhaust was sleeper.