PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Plans...let's hear 'em

Dan I
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Alright, let's have it...Track days, ax, W2W, etc...what's everybody doing this year?

-I'm planning on only 3 or 4 track days; (1) MAM, (1) BIR, (1) Road America, maybe 1 at Autobahn. Track budget has taken beating from reduced work load and a pay cut :mad:

Local autocross in XP, if the budget holds up ( and the g.f. doesn't kill me) I'll make the trip to Lincoln for Solo Nationals. Pretty much it for this guy...

1996 328ti
04-08-2009, 12:40 AM
A few driving schools.
Got pretty much snowed out last month.
Have 2 days at VIR coming up in June.
Maybe I'll do a couple days at Road Atlanta during Ofest.

I really need struts and springs in my E30.

FMD
04-08-2009, 12:44 AM
all the local scca drift events with the crappy 25% locker bmw lsd :(

tiFreak
04-08-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm doing the Street Survival course again this year, although I might be using my dad's M3 since I don't want to bust my front bumper off

BMW_Hatchback
04-08-2009, 03:36 AM
start and finish swap, and I have yet to look up the local CCA auto x events this summer, but I'll most likely be attending quite a few just like last year.

thesk8nmidget
04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
buy a house.... and then project time in garage!

milehigh96caliti
04-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Buy my house (closing on the 17th), get the little spring fixed on the vert where the cover thingie doesn't close when I put the top down. Go see Sean every other Sunday...and try to find a ti to buy...:biggrin:

mohaughn
04-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Gotta love the Florida winter.. I've already done 4 track days at the new Palm Beach International Raceway, used to be Morosso park.

I've got 4 days at Sebring coming up with CHIN motorsports, 2 days on the 18th/19th, and then two more days two weeks later..

I have some friends that are going up to Roebling Rd. in May, but I think I will be sticking to Sebring for most of the Summer.

So I'll probably do anywhere from 10-16 more days this year, and hopefully I will get the chance to drive the 24 hour course at Daytona later in the year...

Kosei K1s and R888s should be on the car within the next even or two, trying hard to get my car down into spec miata times at Sebring..

Oh.. I should add that I'm completely bummed that I will once again not be able to attend a BMWCCA club racing school. I was planning on doing the entire O-fest event in Atlanta this year, do every day of DE and the CR school that I could, and even do the autocross events if the schedule permitted, but alas, it is not going to happen... I was going to do the club race school at RRR last year, but it got canceled. It would probably cost me a carrot or two if I wanted to try and make O-fest now..