PDA

View Full Version : ignition switch

bmw318tiChic
07-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Hey, I have a question. My ignition is messed up, sometimes the key won't turn all the way and my car can't be started. I am gonna get a new ignition switch and I am just wondering if installing it is a do-it-yourself job, or is it too complicated and involved to do by yourself?

Dusty
07-18-2003, 02:54 PM
:cry: Help!!! I need some fix it tips on repairing my ignition switch on my 96 ti active. Yesterday I returned home from the grocery store and went to turn the car off, and the key had come out of the ignition...the car was still running and I could not trun it off. The key would just spin around, eventually the switch locked up and wouldn't turn but the key would go in and out. I had to pull the ignition fuse and disconnect the battery cable. Now its is just sitting at home in the car port waiting. Please help!!!

bimmerboi318
07-20-2003, 05:20 AM
yeah there's been some issues with the ignition switches in these cars. i believe there are already some posts up in the forum about it. but yeah, a new switch/cylinder assembly is needed i think. :( $$