PDA

View Full Version : 318ti Euro Taillights???

jeph23
07-31-2003, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a set of Euro lights that aren't going to cost me an arm and a leg? I personally like the ones that the only thing that changes is the amber to clear, but keeping the red ya know? If anyone could help me out here, that would be much appreciated...

318tibimmer
08-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Hello, I found this should it looks like it comes with the amber bulbs, I just left in the white ones personaly.

http://www.altezzawarehouse.com/BMW_318ti_9599CCTL.html

and the price is not bad, when I bought mine like 2yrs ago they were like $100 a shot, this one inclueds both lenses

1996 328ti
08-03-2003, 04:26 PM
IMHO, clear bulbs in the euro tail lights are obnoxious, besides being illegal.
I switched to amber bulbs in mine after following someone with clear bulbs.

I have seen people dip the top of an amber in high temp silver paint so you don't see the amber when the bulb is not in use. But when you use the turn signal amber shows through.

1996 328ti
08-03-2003, 04:26 PM
IMHO, clear bulbs in the euro tail lights are obnoxious, besides being illegal.
I switched to amber bulbs in mine after following someone with clear bulbs.

I have seen people dip the top of an amber in high temp silver paint so you don't see the amber when the bulb is not in use. But when you use the turn signal amber shows through.

fourbanger
08-05-2003, 09:10 AM
I believe I saw silver bulbs.. think they're philips... Bimmertoys has them if i'm not mistaken, see the ad in Bimmer a lot.

White bulbs in white lenses aren't illegal here :)

moku
08-13-2003, 05:46 PM
I got my Euro taillights from BavAuto. Yeah, I paid $200 for them, but they're German-made and the fit was perfect. Circle BMW has them as well, and sells them for $150 a set. I would've gone through them, but they were out of stock and I was going to have to wait 2-4 weeks for them to get them back in (I'm impatient).

The lights in the link above sound like a good deal... I would only be concerned about how they fit. Some of the cheaper aftermarket lights tend to not fit as well. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Stylin TI
08-14-2003, 02:12 AM
The lights from bimmer toys are not what you expect. They are simply just amber bulbs painted silver with a circle thats not painted. I paid $20.00 for the set from them. The jokes on me. Take my work from it. The ones from Phillips are the best ones, but they only make a single filament bulb.