PDA

View Full Version : Gas Mileage guage

jeph23
08-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Is there a way to hook up the gas mileage guage? I got one with my reverse glo guages and I never hooked it up because my car didn't come with one, but I would really like to make it work. Does anyone know what I would have to do to get this to work? Would I need to find a used one in the junk yard or something?

fourbanger
08-22-2003, 10:11 PM
If I understand it correctly, on four cylinder ti's it's not an option.. but if you've got a six under the hood it can be wired.

jeph23
08-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Yeah, that is what I thought too, but I just recently saw a 92 318i and it had it in there, so I figured that if THAT car had it, then I should be able to hook it up somehow in my car... Anyone?

1996 328ti
08-23-2003, 03:07 AM
From http://www.318ti.org/notebook/328ti/index.html

"After driving the car for a few weeks it was time to install the new instrument cluster. I decided to install a M3 cluster since it will work the same as a 328 cluster. I spent most of the day installing the new instrument cluster. I removed the glove box assembly, airbag and steering wheel. I ran the diagnostic cables (RXD & TXD, the "ti" does not have them) behind the dash and spliced them into the ZKE control module. I also ran the wiring to get the MPG gauge to work. For this, I had to run the wiring out through the firewall on the driver's side and install it with a pin in the X20 connector (Big round plug next to fuse box). "

So there you have it. The answer is no.

jeph23
08-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Ok, thanks!