PDA

View Full Version : Yeah but, will they fit?!?

J!m
08-25-2003, 05:21 PM
My rear tires are completely bald now. I could wait no longer, I had to step up to the bar, and drop $600 for a pair of tires. :(

I purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sports form TireRack: 275/40-17's for the rear of my ti. They will be mounted on the 8.5x17 forged M3 wheels.

I will post pictures of the finished product. I don't expect there to be a great deal of 'breathing room' under there, but it should look BAD-ASS!

I still think I will be spinning them like old ladies break hips, but I'll have to curb that, or go completely broke on tires...

They should measure up at about 10 inches wide, and about 0.400" (0.800 overall) taller than the 245/40 17's in the front. I doubt I'll be able to get a finger between them and the inner fender. Maybe my pinkie...

J!m

fourbanger
08-26-2003, 08:22 AM
J!m.. you're my hero :)

I wanna see pictures of that..

ah, if only I had money :P

4WDrift
09-08-2003, 05:31 PM
I've got 235/45-17 on 8" (wanted a little taller), I think it's 38 offset, and had to roll the rears to keep from rubbing on compression. The fronts rub the fender liners on compression also. There is about 10 mm clearance on the strut. What are you doing Jim, putting on widebody fenders? :lol:

J!m
09-08-2003, 10:47 PM
They are plenty tall- almost comical actually.

They rub SLIGHTLY on compression. I will need a slight roll. Due to the cost, I have elected not to drive it until the roll is done.

I really need to drop the front a bit, but the splitter is really low as it is. Remember: I have the splitter which sits about two inches lower than a typical M3 already. Any drop and it could be costly...