PDA

View Full Version : Crunching Noise?

applecrisp
07-04-2009, 11:39 AM
OKay so I have had this issue for a while but its got much worse. I have a weird rubbery sounding crunch that comes from my the rear of my car when making sharp turns at slow speeds. However I noticed the other day it only happens when I am in gear.. :S what could this be? wheel bearings? diff? also it is LSD .

cooljess76
07-04-2009, 01:52 PM
I'd stop driving it immediately. Put the thing on jack stands or if you have a lift, even better. Check the obvious things first. Differential mount, transmission mounts, driveshaft bearing, flex disc(guibo), half shafts(axles), trailing arm bushings, subframe bushings etc. This isn't something you want to ignore. If it were my car, I would have stopped driving it the day I noticed such a sound. Best wishes and good luck.

pnosker
07-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Check the diff fluid. Remove the speed sensor (2 10mm bolts holding it on). See if there are shavings stuck to it-- it's magnetic.

applecrisp
07-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the quick replies, may I also add that it sounds almost sequncial meaning it makes it at a point as something is spinning if that makes any sense. I have already checked the half shafts they seem fine.. I am quite low could that be part of the issue?