PDA

View Full Version : my ti that i love

robcarync
08-30-2003, 09:56 PM
here is my story that you can read if you are bored...

first off, im a 16 year old guy from cary nc...my older sister got her license first...and when my parents were going to get her a car...i kept looking for a bmw...cause i loved them. i didnt even have my learners permit yet...but ive loved bmws ever since i first saw a bmw 325i at the local ymca. well they ended up buying her a nissan altima...it made me sad...

a little jump in time here...two years later i get my license...ive been checking the paper out everyday looking for a bmw ever since my sister got her nissan altima...looking for that bmw that was good, never been wrecked, not too many miles, and all the other qualifications it had to meet for my parents to buy it. well i found a few...but they all had some sort of problem (too many miles, dirty dirty dirty interior, long repair histroy, etc)

well my mom told me to give up my search for a bmw cause it wasnt going to happen...they were just too expensive for a good one.

then one day magic happened....instead of checking the paper....i checked http://www.autotrader.com ...first night...i found the arctic blue 1995 bmw 318ti...it was sooooo beautiful!!!! i was so excited...told my pops to call them and check it out to see if it passed his inspection the next morning...he couldnt find anything wrong with it...so we bounce over to his business at 4 pm to test drive it...this dude works for a carpet cleaning business...and he had so much stuff...i didtn think carpet cleaning would give you so much money. he had an old mustang...his race car that goes 0-6 in 4 seconds....4 dirt bikes, another old mustang...and his wife got a brand new 2003 bmw 5 series (not sure on the actual model)...well as we are talking...we find out why he is selling it.

the ti was his wifes car. she didnt not like it becasue when she opened the sunroof, and put all the windows down, it messed up her hair. so they went out and got her the 03 bimmer. i was like wow...kind of a frivolous reason to sell it..but hey im not complaining because im getting a cheap bmw out of this!

well we go home and convince my mom to let us make an offer on it...and we ended up getting it for 8500 when they were asking for 9500...wow autotrader rocks....i love it to pieces

now i want to get a cd player in it and a system with some 10 inch speeakrs in that hatch and a bass amp and everything...and i want to get this computer chip online that boosts the horse power to 175 or something...but im not sure if i will be getting any of those modifications...etiher way im happy to own/have a dad that owns a ti that i have the ability to drive...this car ROCKS!!!!

96cali
09-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Congratulations on the purchase. Sounds like you'll enjoy it. A couple words of advice or personal opinion...

1. The 175 HP chip is bunk. Save your money, do your research and spend your hard earned $$ on quality stuff that performs. You have a 1.9L four cyl with 138 HP that can be upped slightly in HP by lower restriction exhaust, a chip (since yours is the pre-96 M42 motor) and any number of small tweaks but no way 175hp. As far as I know the only way to get that is with a supercharger, Downing Atlanta being the preferred set up for $3k.

2. Maintenance is not glamorous or pretty but is the first and best thing you can do to a car. Mobil 1 every 3K will keep it humming and impress the next buyer (like you were).

3. Now for the opinion part...please for the love of god don't rice that bimmer!! It is a fine line between masterpiece and massacre. Check out these fine examples http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare.htm

Now go drive that car and enjoy. ;}

robcarync
09-03-2003, 01:43 AM
alright thanks for the advice. i think i will save my money than blow it on the chip...

haha dont worry about me ricing the bmw...i dont have enough money to do that...now im working on geting the sound system in the hatch...and i just got a new cd player for it last weekend (alpine in dash player)...and im getting some 10inch alpine subwoofers and some tweeters.

the previous owner said he uses synthetic oil from the bimmer dealer that lasts 7,000 miles instead of a normal oil change every 3k miles...

and some of those bmws on that site....look just downright goofy...those huge spoliers and everything.

along the lines of spoilers...i saw a stationwagon (not bmw) with a spoiler on the back...home made out of plywood...now that thing was ghetto. that looked goofy too...

anyway my parents orignally said they were going to give me the bmw when i graduate high schoool...but im not sure anymore...my pops kinda has grown attacthed to it lately...making me drive our ghetto busted mini van...ahh i dont wnat to drive the busted mini van...no one does

DCSean8
05-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Hey 96cali, thats for that link, it just provided for about an hours worth of entertaniment. I laughed, I screamed (in horror) and I cried.

Rob, you should check out Bauvarian Autosports for all your BMW upgrade needs. That have cosmetic, performance and electronic upgrades that are tailor made for Bimmers.

robcarync
05-27-2004, 04:09 AM
yeah ive checked that out...

but my parents are afraid of me upgrading any facet of the car that could increase the speed or horsepower...in the words of my mother "you know what happens to kids with fast cars? they die"

so now im trying to figure out stuff i can do that my parents will approve of...ehh...that limits a lot