PDA

View Full Version : 1991 318is hrm...

foetoid
09-17-2003, 05:46 AM
Well first off let me say it's been a while since I've been here and my reason why is that I redid my computer and I to be quite honest I forgot about this place... It's pathetic I know... But anyway, I came to my senses and remembered it. But to get down to it, I have the oppertunity to purchase a 1991 BMW 318is that has a blown engine, some rust on the hood, some rust on the drivers door, dull paint, BMW emblems flaking, is missing from back of car, majorly cracked dashboard, no stereo (cables where it was at are pulled out a distance and are all over the car, and the interior is cloth and dirty. I don't know about the smell, what condition the transmission is in, don't have a real great knowledge of the car's body condition, don't know if all the power options work (locks, windows, sunroof, etc...), and I don't know about anything else on the car either. I'm trying to figure out a good price for it. The guy is supposed to be coming up with one. I can't imagine the car in its current condition is worth more than $500. Any ideas as to what you guys might think it would be worth? My purchasing the car would just be so that I could have a BMW/project car. What do you guys think?

1996 328ti
09-18-2003, 02:05 AM
The car sounds like a basket case. :rolleyes:

Travis
09-19-2003, 02:33 AM
It sounds pretty bad. Free might be too much.

I once bought a '72 Bavaria in a similar condition for $100. I finally got my money back after selling some of the parts. The rest of the car is busy fighting erosion at an undisclosed location in Northeast Missouri.

The good news is that derilict car disease is self-limiting - Your wife will eventually grow you out of it.

-Travis

1996 328ti
12-31-2003, 05:06 AM
OK, It ends in a tie. ;}