PDA

View Full Version : Petition to BMW NA.

bullmand
10-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have created a petition that I will be sending to BMW of North America to get them to reconsider which models are availble in North America. Specifically the 1 Series hatchback and the 4 cylinder engines that are available elsewhere. Please sign the petition and ask your friends and family to sign also. I've only gotten 56 signatures so far and I would like to have at least 1000 by January. The link is below.
Thanks for your help,
David Bullman

http://www.petitiononline.com/bull2003/petition.html

P.S. The Audi and VW crowd are killing me on number of signatures. Their petitions for the R32 and the S3 have lots of support.

1996 328ti
10-13-2003, 11:25 PM
I signed it but what *I* really want is a 200hp 4 banger 1-Series for less than $30,000US.

At Ofest one of the speakers was talking about a 2-Series.
First I heard about that.

bullmand
10-14-2003, 03:40 AM
Make that a double!! :lol:

Mad-Machine
07-27-2006, 02:44 PM
242 signitures so far.. but honestly, with the way other BMW owners regard the Ti.. think it will really fly?

madfronter
07-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I signed it but what *I* really want is a 200hp 4 banger 1-Series for less than $30,000US.

At Ofest one of the speakers was talking about a 2-Series.
First I heard about that.

I would like an M2 if they ever make it...

http://phark.typepad.com/phark/2004/04/2005_bmw_2_seri.html

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/News/0,,1369-1372_1512595,00.html

drkblu318ti
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Signed. I love the one sereies an that 2 series looks awsome. I want one!

jdehaan
07-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I signed too, the 2 series would sell here well i think. the 1 series wouldn't do bad, since im sure a lot of parents would buy it for their "priviledged" children at least.

bullmand
07-27-2006, 07:46 PM
242 signitures so far.. but honestly, with the way other BMW owners regard the Ti.. think it will really fly?

That petition's been up for several years and that's how many I've gotten. I think they'll bring it in some form, but probably never a 4 cylinder. I hear we are going to start getting diesels, but only in the large vehicles.

aceyx
07-28-2006, 05:22 AM
I've actually heard the opposite. I was looking specifically into an X5d since I need a tow vehicle, but BMW (and most other euro companies) are having trouble keeping up with 2007 EPA standards, specifically in particulate emissions.

2er should be cool, but I don't think I'd actually buy one.

jdehaan
07-28-2006, 06:45 AM
has this petition been posted on bf.com? I'm sure people from there would be willing to sign. Another place to try would be S14.net, since the 1 and 2 would have a lot of the characteristics (i.e. small, light, and agile) of the E30 that people love, and come with a warrenty.

bullmand
07-28-2006, 07:51 PM
I think I posted it at BimmerForums, but I'm not sure. I know I didn't put it up on S14.net, since I've never heard of that. Feel free to post it anywhere you like. I did let BMW know about it. They sent me a fairly generic reply last year telling me that the 1 Series would come here, but not when or in what form. I thought I posted that up here somewhere. I'll dig it up again.

Panzer_M
07-28-2006, 08:50 PM
BMW NA needs to get with the times, and look at the European Market. Cause like it or not the US Market is going to reflect it more closely, soon(er) or later.

My .02 I left.

bullmand
07-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, they really need to get over their image issues and stop being so snobby. They could sell a lot more cars here if they were'nt so elitist.

bullmand
07-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Here's what they sent me in March of 2004:

Hello Mr. Bullman. Thank you for writing into us here at the BMW Group regarding your interest in a BMW 1 Series.

You ask and you shall receive.

The BMW Group will continue to expand its product range extensively during the coming years, applying the group’s well-established experience of opening up and developing new segments with new product ideas. This strategy is being consistently pursued with the development of the BMW 1 Series and the BMW X3. Although there is no official release date or any product related information available as of yet on the BMW 1 Series, let it be known that this is coming somewhere in the near future. Please stay in touch with us here at the BMW USA web site or with your authorized BMW Center for more details.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

ElfinForest318ti
07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Well written - good luck! Just like the "big three" are hooked on selling high profit pickup trucks and SUVs, the Germans are hooked on selling high margin, fully optioned, high priced vehicles.

ChItalian1027
08-07-2006, 03:42 AM
i'll post it on euroteknik.com see what they think!! o and i signed it!!

stormos
08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
We get the full bmw range here :)

ElfinForest318ti
08-09-2006, 06:02 AM
That's because BMW NA is not the distributor in the UK.

ChItalian1027
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
i think its a good idea that we are doin this!! the guys on the other forums don't seem to like the idea but i do!! we do need to get somethings that the other countries have that we don't!!

bullmand
08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
The other way to go about this would be to get the EPA and DOT to loosen up a little on certification requirements for new cars. Some of the crap the car makers have to go through is just stupid. It also makes the cars we can get more expensive. I just read that starting in a couple of years we're not going to be able to get any European diesels except the Mercedes models. Something to do with the new Tier 2 diesel emissions requirements for passenger cars. Meanwhile tractor trailers, buses, etc. get to continue driving around belching black smoke. So, write your congressperson and let them know how you feel.

ChItalian1027
08-12-2006, 08:03 AM
The other way to go about this would be to get the EPA and DOT to loosen up a little on certification requirements for new cars. Some of the crap the car makers have to go through is just stupid. It also makes the cars we can get more expensive. I just read that starting in a couple of years we're not going to be able to get any European diesels except the Mercedes models. Something to do with the new Tier 2 diesel emissions requirements for passenger cars. Meanwhile tractor trailers, buses, etc. get to continue driving around belching black smoke. So, write your congressperson and let them know how you feel.

yea that is so true!! DOT & EPA have to loosen up just a bit!