PDA

View Full Version : interior dash transplant?

gobimmer
10-21-2003, 02:14 PM
I am curious as to the feasibility of converting the entire dash of the TI with one from any other E36.... its not that I don't like the look of the TI interior because I kind of like the older look of the E30 interior, but I also really like the lines of all the other E36's interior. Anybody tried this or can it just not be done?

96cali
10-21-2003, 09:02 PM
It can be done though I cannot attest to the succes, ease, fit, etc. About a year ago someone on bimmerforums was selling a heavily modded black ti. It had a regular e36 dash for sure. Maybe go there and do a search in the cars f/s section and it will turn up. :?:

Travis
10-23-2003, 05:58 PM
I think Turner Motorsport was involved with that car.

I seem to remember seeing it on DTMpower.net

-Travis

96cali
10-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Yup, saw it there too. Wonder if it ever sold?

J!m
11-04-2003, 02:06 PM
I have not done this mod, but I am fairly certain it will be a straight-forward swap.

Why change it? the ti has a nice unique dash, not used on other models.

J!m

ayton
11-28-2003, 04:27 PM
you have to use the dash from a 4 door E36 and it will fit. The black ti you guys are talking about was my friends car he actually did end up selling it...Turner was not involved in the build of his car he did all the work himself. One thing to note on the swap the dash will not touch the door panels as it does with the ti dash but it still looks good he had a pic posted of the difference.