PDA

View Full Version : h&r race, too harsh for street?

graphik
12-13-2003, 10:54 PM
how bad are the h&r race springs? i plan on autocrossing my 318ti, but it is also still my daily driver. I really like stiff suspension but i dont want it terrible. I mean ive drive my dads 330i performance package that is a stiff suspension setup and i really like that. I also liked his 350Z. So i think i wouldnt mind the race springs, anyways post your opinions here! thanks!

alex

Jared
12-14-2003, 02:55 AM
If you think that the factory performance option on a 330i is stiff, you're not going to like the race springs. The sport springs are far stiffer than the 330i, and they're what I put on my E36 M3. They were perfect on that car.

graphik
12-14-2003, 09:08 AM
well my dads 330i feels stiffer than the h&r sports i had on my e30...
im just trying to figure out how stiff the h&r race springs are gonna be, i really enjoy a nice tight stiff ride, but i dont want to be bouncing all over the place.

saxman0321
12-14-2003, 10:19 PM
I just put a set of H&R race springs on my ti about a month ago. They are pretty stiff springs. I also have Koni Sport shocks on the car, set pretty stiff. I just did a Driver's Ed at Carolina Motorspors Park, and the suspension was really nice. I also do occassional Autocrosses. The setup is great for track use, but it isn't really comfortable for everyday street applications. You might check out the H&R Sport springs.

graphik
12-14-2003, 11:21 PM
thanks, for the help guys! i think i will just go with the sport springs, and stiffen the car up in other spots as well. thanks!

alex

rated///M
12-15-2003, 05:29 AM
i wouldn't do race springs unless the car is going to spend most of it's life on the track or autoXing, and if that was the case you might as well go coilovers. just do sports - xbrace - sways