PDA

View Full Version : What Angel Eyes are used with ti's 2dr or 4dr?

DinanTi
12-15-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey,

I have heard 2 different things. First i heard that the 4 dr angel eyes worked with the ti's. But i have also heard the 2 dr angel eyes works with the ti's. Which one really works?

Thanks for the help,
Scotty

2ndBimmer
12-15-2003, 09:38 PM
I dont know. But I do know that BavAuto got it right.

grail
12-16-2003, 11:29 PM
if you're buying the whole unit of the headlights (with angel eyes), it would be for the 4 door.size, shape are the same except for the one connector, which i think should be easy enough to sort out. if just the angel eyes (form of a DIY kit), i don't think it matters.

DinanTi
12-17-2003, 05:54 PM
I ordered the whole headlight unit. :oops: But i ordered the 2dr :oops: . So i guess i have to sort out that connector or send it back and get the 4dr. How would i make the 2dr unit work with that connector? Is there a Adapter i can get to make it work? Or would it just be easier to send the 2dr unit back and get the 4dr?

Thanks for your help,
Scotty

rated///M
12-22-2003, 03:31 AM
if you're going to do angel eyes...i'd go through umnitza( www.umnitza.com ) and do the ZKW euro ellipsoid headlamps with his own DDE lightning eyes, which are the brightest and best looking period...i'd also do StonGard, keep those lenses looking nice. Anyway, if you want the brightest, best looking angel eyes those are it.

here's a shot of my friends brilliantrot e36 with this setup...extremely visible during the day...and just downright bright, for angel eyes, at night...

http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/7353chris_s_car_at_mich_s_4-thumb.jpg

http://www.dtmpower.net/ppost2/data/500/7353chris_s_car_at_michs_5-med.jpg

DinanTi
12-23-2003, 03:01 AM
:D I had enough time to change my order so i ended up with the 4dr Angel Eyes ;} . I am having them installed today. I cant wait to pick up my car.

Thanks for everyones help.
Scotty

writeb
01-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Hello. anybody else have any experiences with the umnitza angel eye set ups on their car? They are significantly less expensive than the ones available at BavAuto...

writeb

1996 328ti
01-10-2004, 02:31 PM
There are 2 door and 4 door versions?
I thought that only applied to the corners.

When I had to replace my Euro Bosch ellipsoid lights I did not have to specify 2 door or 4.

writeb
01-12-2004, 05:20 PM
:D I had enough time to change my order so i ended up with the 4dr Angel Eyes ;} . I am having them installed today. I cant wait to pick up my car.

So what's the verdict? Do you have any pics? Where did you order yours from? Since you retrofitted the whole light, what type of bulbs are installed? Certain Mfrs say not to put angel eyes on regular incadescent because it will look horrible next to the whiter light of the lighted rings... inquiring mind(s) want to know!

writeb

ayton
03-03-2004, 03:10 PM
There are 2 door and 4 door versions?
I thought that only applied to the corners.

When I had to replace my Euro Bosch ellipsoid lights I did not have to specify 2 door or 4.

it does only apply to the corners, but a lot of the on-line vendors are selling them with corners so you must specify, thats where the confusion lies.