PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the clubsports gone?

hotdog19d
12-26-2003, 01:23 AM
Hey guys I was just thinking, after I get this TI payed off I'll be looking to buy my third TI. I know I want a club sport. Does anyone know who has a clubsport? The only 2 I know of are Ben Liaw's old one and the one I saw a pic of on here. I'm just trying to get an idea of where some of them are at. thanks

96cali
12-29-2003, 04:20 PM
I know of one in NJ (not on this board, blown engine, not sure what he did with it) and one in NC.

hotdog19d
12-30-2003, 08:42 PM
thanks any one else know?

tastade
01-27-2004, 08:06 PM
thanks any one else know?

Sure, I have one. Remember they only made 200 (according to Car and Driver, I can give you the issue when I get home). It was late in 95 that they made them I think their production date would actually place them as 96, but they were still called 95's. I will look at the date of my car when I get home as well, but it might be as late as 10/95.

They aren't anything special as the 96+ sport is basically the same thing. They came with the LSD, M aerodynamics and suspension, and a few other things. Also mine doesn't have cruise control, I don't know if it was an option on that model or not. The only real difference is the mirrors and I think the interior. I picked mine up at a small dealer in Colorado. They just thought it was a sport and didn't think anything of it.

Here: One of the pics makes my back wheel look odd, it is just how the car is sitting, it is pushing up into the fender.
http://www.318ti.org/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=454

I can't wait until spring when I can actually drive it again! Making me drool thinking about it.

J!m
01-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Any idea how much is wanted for the NJ CS with blown motor?

I have a SWEET 1.9 collecting dust...

96cali
01-27-2004, 10:12 PM
I have no idea what he did with it. The last bit I saw from him somewhere was alongs the lines of getting away from Bimmers cuz they're too expensive. Maybe I'll shoot him an email. I'd hate to see a CS die. :cry:

J!m
01-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Let me know- I'll bring it back to life!

hotdog19d
01-29-2004, 12:46 AM
tastade- that would be great if you could send that issue my way.

hotdog19d
01-29-2004, 12:48 AM

tastade
04-03-2004, 04:54 AM

Sorry, i don't check the board all that often in the winter. That issue was June 1996 of CandD, on page 171. It was just a one page short. November 1995 of CandD had a comparison between the 318ti and the Acura Integra GSR. February 1995 has a test of the european model.

Finally, Motortrend has it in the Oct 1995 issue. The library I was researching at only had those two magazines.

ClubSport
04-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Here's another colorado club sport checking in: 9/95 production date. Tastade, what area of colorado are you in?

tastade
04-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Here's another colorado club sport checking in: 9/95 production date. Tastade, what area of colorado are you in?

Actually, I am from Laramie, WY, but bought the car in Ft. Collins, CO. I moved out to Cedar Rapids, IA for work last summer. I am still looking around for jobs in Ft. Collins though.

You?

ClubSport
04-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Actually, I am from Laramie, WY, but bought the car in Ft. Collins, CO. I moved out to Cedar Rapids, IA for work last summer. I am still looking around for jobs in Ft. Collins though.

You?

Well that makes two of us looking for jobs in FC. No wonder I haven't seen that car around town. Was it the one for sale at that shop on College at the north side of town? Kinda near the tracks? I saw one there last summer like 1 month after I bought mine in denver. They look like clones, but I never saw anyone driving it around town after it disappeared from the lot. Good to know it's in good hands now.

tastade
04-06-2004, 03:34 PM

You?

Well that makes two of us looking for jobs in FC. No wonder I haven't seen that car around town. Was it the one for sale at that shop on College at the north side of town? Kinda near the tracks? I saw one there last summer like 1 month after I bought mine in denver. They look like clones, but I never saw anyone driving it around town after it disappeared from the lot. Good to know it's in good hands now.

Yep, that is the one I bought! I wasn't actually going to buy a new car, I had just started researching the 318ti while looking for an autocross car, drove by the lot and saw a nice shiney red one. Stopped and looked, saw it was a manual tranny with the sport package. Drove it, loved it. Went home that night, looked it up, saw it was a club sport, went back the next day and traded in my Legend for it. My legend was just starting to need some work, the head gasket had just started leaking and one of the brake calipers needed rebuilt. Perfect timing.

The car sits in the garage all winter, and I drive it in the summer. The car isn't in perfect shape, which is nice, because I feel better driving it :)