PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control Knob

mkweder
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
My climate control knob had been sticky when turning to hot or cold. Then this morning I tried to turn it and something snapped. The knob turns, however it doesn't turn the baffles inside from cold/hot. Has anyone had this experience? Is it repairable without replacing the unit?

Thanks,
Matt

tiFreak
11-17-2009, 12:45 AM
common problem, the fix is on the site somewhere

edit: it's in the knowledge base, I'm having trouble finding the thread though

vjmvjmvjm
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Go towards the end of the following thread for a discussion of the cable that the dial controls:

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2273

Vic

pnosker
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
My clip broke so I epoxied it on... it's not quite aligned correctly so it only turns to mid-warm, but still gets very warm there and very cold on the cold side.

tiFreak
11-18-2009, 03:42 AM
Go towards the end of the following thread for a discussion of the cable that the dial controls:

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2273

Vic

there it is, it wasn't in the knowledge base, I guess that's why I couldn't find it :redface:

mkweder
11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I pulled out the radio, center plate, and the climate control units which the knobs are connected to. I found that the cable reaching from the flaps connecting to the module via plastic lever broke the plastic pin on the lever. I disassembled the module and pulled out the yellow plastic lever, drilled a hole where the pin was and superglued in a metal pin replacement. Reattached the cable and reassembled the whole unit with radio.

I hope it will last, the knob is still difficult to turn because the flaps on the other end of the cable seem sticky and not freely moving.

mkweder
11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I pulled out the radio, center plate, and the climate control units which the knobs are connected to. I found that the cable reaching from the flaps connecting to the module via plastic lever broke the plastic pin on the lever. I disassembled the module and pulled out the yellow plastic lever, drilled a hole where the pin was and superglued in a metal pin replacement. Reattached the cable and reassembled the whole unit with radio.

I hope it will last, the knob is still difficult to turn because the flaps seem sticky and not freely moving.NExt