PDA

View Full Version : Does your ASC+T button illuminate?

writeb
02-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Question. Installing fogs, and in the knee level left sided panel where the fog switch is to be installed, is the ASC disable button. I noticed that it is a not quite transparent green color. When I bought the car I thought I recalled it illuminating, either when pressed, or stand alone when the lights were turned on. But it doesn't any more.

Does your button illuminate when the lights are on??

Thanks,

writeb
'98 Artic Silver

2ndBimmer
02-26-2004, 02:16 AM
The ASC+T button has never illuminated for me.
It does however cause a light on the dash to come on.
But again, no it itself does not light up.

downunder
02-26-2004, 05:49 AM
Hi, I have 98Ti and the switch does not illuminate, just on the dash.

richkent
02-26-2004, 08:59 PM
The button doesn't light up, but does appear greenish on my car. I think this is caused by the "graduated tinted windsceen" (windshield) my car is equipped with. This is a green tinted strip at the top of of the windshield and the button is reflecting the green light. I also get a green strip on the dash above the radio. As both are only visible in strong light, I am sure it's caused by the green tint.

Do you have this type of windshield?

writeb
02-27-2004, 12:36 AM
I've figured that the button doesn't illuminate. The little "ASC" label above it does light up when the lights are turned on, by the way.

The button itself is a dark greenish color, (in my car at least), and no, no green tint/stripes in my car.

Thanks for the replies, I guess the button doesn't illuminate when activated. (but the console indicator does).

-writeb

J!m
02-27-2004, 11:38 PM
The fog light switch goes on the right of the instrument cluster, mirroring the headlight switch.

An indicator light on the cluster will illuminate with the fog lights.

The fogs will turn off when the high-beams are on, and come back on when you switch back again.