PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Sound?

schussey
02-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Occasionally while turning onto a street or something, and braking at the same time, i hear/feel a buzz sound coming from my brakes? Anybody else experience this? Any idea if it is bad?

bimmerboi318
02-29-2004, 10:28 PM
thats probably your abs. if your driving hard enough and are on the brakes around a turn, thats pretty normal. its just keeping a wheel from locking up. if it does it excessively and you KNOW a wheel should not be locking up...i would look into a new wheel speed sensor. you've got 4 of them...i think. maybe only 3. but whichever the case it will need diagnosing at a shop (unless you have a scan tool or can test sensors yourself) to determine the right sensor to replace.

schussey
03-01-2004, 02:51 AM
yea i dont think it is that bad, thanks for the help :)

writeb
03-01-2004, 03:37 AM
Man, you guys are doing some serious street braking/cornering to make your ABS kick in consistantly... Are you sure it's not your wheel rubbing the top of the wheelwell? You have retrofitted H&R's so I doubt it, but it could be it if it's not the ABS...

bimmerboi318
03-01-2004, 04:26 PM
i feel my abs kick in occasionally especially if i am turning onto another street and the road is bumpy. or if there's a deep puddle...that will really do it. ive noticed that the ti is a bit sketchy on bumpy surfaces and likes to wander. although i'll have to test that again since i've just replaced both front control arms, control arm bushings (witht he M3 ones), new shocks and springs. oh and one more thing i remembered. if you are going from 3rd to 2nd gear or 2nd to 1st (more likely) and you let out the clutch fast enough for the rear wheels to drag, and you are on the brakes...the difference in wheel speed from the front and rear WILL activate the abs. that is probably my most frequent situation that my abs activates.

DaNO
02-19-2005, 08:20 PM
I have the same problem when hitting potholes and bumpy roads, what does it cost to fix it? also, is it a BAD thing that it does this?

needle332rur
02-19-2005, 10:53 PM
When i put my slotted rotors on my car it started to buzz when i brake at lower speeds. You can only here it with the window down. I'm guessing that it is just gasses escaping.

aceyx
02-21-2005, 12:49 AM
slotted rotors shave down the brake pads. what you're hearing is $$.

if the buzz is transmitting through the pedal, it could be abs. i'm with writeb though, i think it's probably a clearance problem.

does it come from both wheels or just the outside one? is it gone or mitigated if you brake before the turn (like you're supposed to)?