PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy a 318ti........

ValeraOmar
03-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone I'm new here..... I'm into fixing up cars and stuff....... I want a new show car and the 318ti looks like it would be fun to work with. I would like for it to have leather inside and have a nice look to it........ witch model should I buy and year? Is there and Turbo systems or SC that are legal for it in california? Is there a place where I can look at tons of pics of fixed up ones? do they have 50/50 tail lights? any replys to help me out would be great........ I heard that you can trow in an M3 engne in this small car is this true? and how much would it cost? :twisted: this is going to be one sick 318ti...... thanx........

Omar

www.IntenseSpeed.com

1996 328ti
03-02-2004, 02:25 AM
I would suggest reading through the various forum sections. You can install anything from a 2.5 to a V12. Many have installed 3.0 and 3.2s. The induction choice is probably the Dowing Atlanta Supercharger which is CARB legal.

There are 3 models, base, active and sport.
Personally I like the looks of the sport because of the M-technic trim, a little better suspension and seats. Some of leather but I'm not a fan of leather.

So first look through the forums. There is a wealth of information there.

ValeraOmar
03-02-2004, 06:02 AM
I read a few ........ the Sport's it's pretty nice.......(I like the ///M logo badges) but is the sport's model all leather inside?

1996 328ti
03-02-2004, 06:27 AM
Leather seats was an option. It was not standard on any models. You could always replace the side moldings. There is also the front and rear bumper covers.