PDA

View Full Version : DASC Track times and race Victims?

GSUkicker1384
03-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Whats up everyone I am new to the boards.....You all have sold me on the 318ti i believe and as a college student on a fixed income i think i'm going to go with the DASC. It seems like my easiest and most affordable HP option. With an intake, exhaust and maybe some other minor mods what kind of 1/4 mile times can i expect, before and after the DASC...Will an intercooler greatly improve these times? I hang out with a bunch of F-body kids(Camarro's, Firebirds etc...) and i obviously won't be able to hang with them..13.9's stock... but i am trying to see how i will stack up...Auto cross however, oh the possibilities :D . Thanks in advance for all the input and help..I look forward to getting involved with the forums...
Also...Any members form Georgia(school) or Virginia(home)?
Thanks, Jonathan

schussey
03-04-2004, 12:28 AM
welcome....i am in birmingham, and pass through atlanta often (kinda close)....glad you went with a ti!

bimmerboi318
03-04-2004, 02:02 AM
hey my ti did about 16-16.3 in a 1/4 mile so i'd guess that maybe it would run low 15's with a supercharger and 210hp. not sure exactly but i do know that it adds a nice boost. and taking those camaros and others in an autocross may be feasable (sp?). ti's usually do pretty well for that kind of event. anyways, welcome to the group. this is my favorite place to visit on the whole internet. i've spent alot of time and saved alot of money with all of the info and help i've found here.

RAiMA
06-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Might run my car tomorrow night at the strip. I haven't been before, so this will be my first time. The ti can already beat E46 M3s on rolling starts, so it will be interesting. Expecting a 13.5 if the car can get a decent launch.

ElementalFiend
06-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah, would take quite a bit of work (probably an M3 conversion and THEN a supercharger) to hang with the F-Bodies. But then again, you're talking about a whole different engine class.

You should be able to happily spank civics and other cars in that class as long as they aren't modified. Autocross you could do well also, but I still don't think you'd match a camaro, I've seen some guys (granted they had skill) drift camaros around the turns without skipping a beat at local SCCA races.