PDA

View Full Version : Spotted: Maroon-ish (Cordobarot???) 318ti in Omaha (Dundee)

Borg561
02-12-2010, 04:57 AM
:wave: Checking in to see if you got the little slip of paper I placed under the windshield wiper. You've got a maroon-ish (Calypso-rot I'm guessing) ti. I have the black '97 Sport that was in the parking lot across the street. I saw your car as I came out of the Dell. Just wanted to say hi, as I've only seen two other Ti's in Omaha, and I think one of them is for sale right now out in Wahoo.

We're a friendly bunch here, and I would encourage joining if you haven't done so already.

Justin

d2007k
03-14-2010, 06:33 AM
if your talking about the blue one on wahoo i bought it .. i love the car but i had 3 mishaps with it already. first thing that went out was the key. second thing was fuel pump.. third was the cooling pieces. owned it for approx 1 month and all that happened .. hopefully i get some good driving time in with it before anything else.

d2007k
03-14-2010, 01:49 PM
i forgot to mention that ive only seen one other ti in omaha also. it was a long time ago and it was also a maroonish ti. my cousin owned it but im not sure if she still does (doubt it) ..

where abouts are you located ? i just moved out here from california. i live by the irvington walmart

Borg561
03-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Yup, I saw a Craigslist ad for a blue ti out in Wahoo, and I'm pretty sure it's the one I saw a year or so ago in Omaha. The one I saw in Dundee was definately not blue, and it had newer (E90?) style rims.

I live in the Benson area, work downtown FT during the days. I also work PT overnight at the 132nd & Maple SuperTarget. Sucks to hear about the problems, especially so soon after getting the car. Other than the accident I had four days after getting mine (I think the details are on here somewhere) I've been pretty lucky. Really close to turning 200k and I really haven't had any major issues in the two years I've had mine.

Two questions. Did you have the car inspected anywhere before you bought it (something I highly recommend, regardless of make/model)? And what happened with the key?

It sounds like you're a bit more mechanically inclined than me, but if you ever need to take your car into a shop for work, I'd suggest Cordel Foreign Motors (8616 L St). They've been working on European cars, primarily BMW's, Mercedes', and VW's, but also Porsche's, Audi's, and the occasional Rolls-Royce, for 40+ years. They know their stuff, and they're decently priced, unlike the dealer.

Let me know if/when you ever want to meet up. I may work a lot, but I can usually find time to do things every week.

Justin

d2007k
03-15-2010, 05:50 AM
no i didnt have the car inspected by anyone. i moved out to omaha about a month ago and was looking everywhere for a decent car. came across the 318 and sent a few messages. sent the guy a few prices i wanted to pay and he didnt want to budge. eventually i setup a time just to check it out and as soon as i seen it i wanted it. it was freezing that night and i needed a car badly. it started right up and i took a test drive and it was sold right there. obviously i dont think the previous owner knew that cooling and fuel was going out .. i can question the key but thats minor.

the key was doing the spin in circle thing. then one day i went out and it got stuck in the on position. luckily it was easy enough to pop out the switch and i used it that way. i stuck a pair of needle nose on the back of the ignition and wiggled it and the key popped back out and works fine now. the bad part is i wore out the plastic in the switch using a screw driver to start the car. kinda ghetto but i know where to get a cheap replacement.

im pretty good with cars usually. ive been pretty spoiled with my old car (old mercedes). ive replaced the head etc...

yeah it would be cool to see another ti in town. we'll have to find a time to meet up.

and if you know anywhere that is hiring in omaha let me know please !!!

Borg561
03-19-2010, 05:34 PM
I had my ti inspected by the dealership before I got it, and it proved that the previous owner(s) took good care of it. With nearly 175k miles on it, all it was in need of is a valve cover gasket, two power steering lines, driver's window regulator, and new front ball joints. The airbag light is on as well because of the driver seatbelt tensioner, but I've learned to ignore it.

My free time right now is pretty much Wednesdays and Saturdays, and a little bit in the afternoon/early evening on Tuesdays. That will change when we switch from overnight to 4am at Target (in 2-3 weeks). Then it will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Speaking of which, Target is hiring. It wouldn't be full-time, but you could probably get 20-30 hours/week. Hours would probably be 4am until 8-10am. The stores at 132nd & Maple and 180th & Center are both hiring for these shifts. Not really the best job in the world, but it's a job and provides money (and a 10% discount on pretty much everything in the store :-).

Justin