PDA

View Full Version : Custom ti Curtains...

DarkenDioxen
03-16-2004, 08:06 PM
My Ti has the optional grey window curtains....ok the head liner is falling all over the place. My Sunroof has no cloth on it at all...and it looks like HELL!

Anybody done a replacement of the headliner cloth and particularly the sunroof? Is it a pain to do, how much time is required, where the heck do I get the supplies? So many questions...

Any Suggestions short of Venetian blinds are appreciated.

C4-C
03-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Actually... yes I have gotten my headliner-liner replaced (just two weeks ago!)... but no, I didn't do it myself. I went to an upholstery shop here and got it done. The cloth wasn't factory matched, except by color... but it really doesn't make a difference with the finished product. I however did get the A pillar inserts redone as well. My '98 ti has a Cali roof... so it's not exactly the same as yours... I did just get the headliner (and pillar inserts) done for only $170. That is really cheap.. and they did a perfect job... I MEAN PERFECT. Everything looks good, and wasn't expensive. I shopped around via the phone book and even had a quote upwards 450!!! So I suggest if you are going to get it PROFESSIONALLY done... shop around. Some people... Anyways... I'm satisfied and I write this for you to know that it can be done. :D

DarkenDioxen
03-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reply! 170 is really reasonible. I assume it was an upholstery shop that was automotive specific. How long did it take?

C4-C
03-30-2004, 07:26 PM
It took them about 3 hours... I have a Cali top so it was a little more complicated cut wise... however a non-sunroof/cali top may cost you more for more fabric.. that's just a possibility.

schussey
05-07-2004, 07:18 PM
i have dove grey interior- - my headliner and a pillars look like hell as well- and am currently in the process of redoing it in a suede like material, synthetic suede most likely. I am having trouble finding a light grey in suede, but at the fabric store, it is under $20 for a yard. Supposedly I only need 3 yards, and I hear it is easy to do. 3M spray adhesive is how you get it to stick. I will let you know if it works out :D

Phil Marx
06-29-2004, 03:53 AM
So, schussey, how'd the headliner fabric replacement go? Any tips?

schussey
10-05-2004, 11:31 PM
sorry man I forgot about this thread.

So, I'm STILL waiting on my fabric to come in. I ordered it just a few weeks ago, took me forever to find the proper color microsuede.

I'll have pics of the finished product soon! (hopefully)