PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air Intake on 95's!

Shay
03-18-2004, 04:19 AM
Hello all,
Well il be straight, I admit my mistake of buying the racing K&N high flow air filter, but at the time of purchase all I wanted was some nice sound from the engine, which is exactly what i got.
So, now that the weathers getting warmer (SF CA) I started to feel the difference of cold/warm air. So, is there a way i can do a custom job and put the air filter lower (like all the CAI pics i see for 96+) buy adding some pipe of appropriate material and other parts needed to do the job and have my own custom CAI? Cus i love the sound and dont want to lose it.
Secondly, so what does the fogged airbox sound like?? I still might consider going down this route but i like the K&N sound, so please dont just recommend the air box mod, cus I know it works from what i read, i want to try and make use or the air filter if possible. Anyone got a custom CAI on their 95???
Thanks, any help would be great,
Cheers!
Shay

:D

1996 328ti
03-18-2004, 04:36 AM
I've seen people cut sheet metal to make a cold air intake box. Then use weatherstripping on the top where it meets the hood. Sucking in warm air just robs power. I'd also get rid of the K&N and find a ITG filter <I think that is what it is>.