PDA

View Full Version : Sure got quiet

1996 328ti
04-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Just wondering if the board is still working. It sure got quiet. :?:

96cali
04-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Seems to be working fine. I've noticed it too.

schussey
04-03-2004, 07:03 PM
it has become pretty slow...

writeb
04-03-2004, 07:59 PM
I've been peeking in periodically. Not too much stuff I'm qualified to comment on lately (LS Diff, Control Arms, Camber Adjustments). I'm wondering are noobies actually using the search function to find answers to their questions instead of posting? Maybe if you unfreeze the lip spoiler thread, things will liven up again?? (JUST KIDDING)... Alternatively, I Hope I didn't scare anyone off! :oops:

Peripherally, I've been wanting to (co)write a pretty comprehensive (stock) rotor and brake pad (all four wheels with 2 sensors) change with lots of pics. Anyone in the (west coast) bay area perform this yet? Involves helping me change my brakes (and yours too if applicable), being a hand model, and potential star if we video the procedure... :o Or if someone has it written out already, I can provide the necessary pics with optional edits, and possibly produce a video for it.

hotdog19d
04-03-2004, 08:26 PM
The brake idea sounds great! I need to do a brake job this summer. Also maybe the warm weather has something to do with it being slow? :D

yeehawbob
09-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Peripherally, I've been wanting to (co)write a pretty comprehensive (stock) rotor and brake pad (all four wheels with 2 sensors) change with lots of pics. Anyone in the (west coast) bay area perform this yet? Involves helping me change my brakes (and yours too if applicable), being a hand model, and potential star if we video the procedure... :o Or if someone has it written out already, I can provide the necessary pics with optional edits, and possibly produce a video for it.

I have replace both front and rear brakes on my '97 ti not too long ago. I am willing to help if you want or if you have not done your brakes yet!
I am in the Bay area so let me know!! :wave:

tastade
09-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Just wondering if the board is still working. It sure got quiet. :?:
I have been going to forum.318ti.org, and click on the new posts link and it doesn't work. I come to www.318ti.org and it works just fine. Maybe there is something weird going on with the boards.

1996 328ti
09-03-2004, 10:52 PM
I'll look into that as soon as I can.
I currently lost my phone line and connection from home so it may take a few more days.

One second thought, I think I'm going to remove the forum.318ti.org sub domain. I think it makes more sense to have /forum /gallery etc.

It is easier for me to administrate as well since the image paths can get weird doing it both ways. I'm leary about moving the entire forum into the subdomain for fear of loosing everything.

robcarync
09-04-2004, 05:43 PM
break idea sounds GREAT...i need to change pads and rotors on my front wheels very soon...as in the next few weeks...a write up on that would be really helpful...

i also have to change upper and lower radiator hoses and flush the radiator...is that going to be hard? i think the hoses shant be hard, but im not sure on the flush

TiPerformance
09-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Sure is quiet around here. The brake idea sounds great take alot of pics and all.

I am currently working on having cams reground and having the cylinder head ported and polished. (still waiting to hear for the junkyard on the price on a spare head with cams)

bozola318
09-05-2004, 04:53 PM
ok.. How many tis do you see???

http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/video/Assen-bmwSTW.wmv

Frederic
:grandpa:

318tibimmer
09-06-2004, 06:34 PM
I have been really bussy, but for the last week, the Images wouldn't load on the page. I don't know - I think I liked PHPBB better - I think I saw 2 ti's in the Video

1996 328ti
09-06-2004, 06:51 PM
What images? Are you trying to load something into the gallery?

There are a lot of things I like in phpBB.
I've been working on a phpBB board for another project and forgot how much I liked it. vBulletin has more built in options and if I ever need to pass 318ti.org to someone else it will be easier to manage.