PDA

View Full Version : Camber/Caster Mods

jigg60
04-02-2004, 07:19 PM
I've looked through some of the previous threads, but I didn't see any real references to aftermarket options. I have some extensive suspension mods - H&R coilovers, RD sways, ACS stressbars, X-Brace, and Aluminum rear upper mounts. As a result, I have sacrificed severe front and rear inner tire wear for the gocart handling. I am considering KMAC front camber plates and KMAC rear camber kit from Turner in an attempt to remedy the situation. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these? Do I have any other better options available? I appreciate any feedback and advice help.
Thanks.

hotdog19d
04-03-2004, 01:06 AM
I read somewhere that a guy had KMAC and wasn't very satisfied with them. I've done a little research myself and the only thing I found was a camber kit at korman or take it to a shop that can bend parts. http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/e36suspe.htm

J!m
04-03-2004, 01:45 AM
I think the M3 caster tops can be installed incorrectly for mega camber. Never tried it, but it seems possible if your car is REALLY slammed...

mrnine
05-17-2004, 01:39 AM
I posted this response to an old thread earlier tonight and just realized this is more current. Seems the BavAuto kit I mention might be an option for you? Anyone here have experience with this particular rear camber adjuster?

---

I've got some serious wear on the insides of my rear tires. Don't have a pic handy right now but when I bought this ti, it had Nitto 225/45/17's http://www.mediabrite.com/rich/my17.jpg and I guess the camber was never properly corrected to accomodate. Not sure if the sport springs have been upgraded but it's got newer Bilstein sport shocks on all 4. Fronts look very evenly worn; plenty of tread.

So what do I need to correct this? Bavauto sells a adjustable camber kit for strut mounts (item #192026) but they're pricey at $270. As it is the tires are worn enough that I'll be replacing them somewhat soon.

I guess the question is whether the adjustability would be worth it? Or would I be better off simply using a camber correction bolt as mentioned above? Primarily use this vehicle as my daily driver but would like to get out and track it a couple times this summer.

J!m
05-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Changing tire/wheel size will not affect tire wear as you mention. The problem is probably the springs or some other suspension components were changed/altered.

I suggest a reputable shop do an allignment, and give you a report so you know exactly which way to move things.

I have larger tires on my alligned car with no irregular wear patterns.

bmwracefan
05-23-2004, 03:58 AM
I have a set of KMac camber plates that I used for 8 months prior to getting the Ground Control plates. Will sell for $85.00.